Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals MLB Betting LinesDate/Time: Thursday, September 2, Venue: Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri TV: FSKC, MLBN Radio: KCSP 610 Opening Lines: Kansas City -188, Detroit +178 Matt Boyd (1-5, 7.12 ERA) will get the start for the Tigers, and will be looking to avoid losing 3 straight. The Royals (80-51) have now lost 2 games in a row, but you can’t say that either was totally unexpected. The first came against a desperate Tampa Bay Rays team who are fighting for their playoff lives, while the second came at the hand of Detroit and the aforementioned Justin Verlander. To talk about a minor losing streak with any kind of seriousness with this team is laughable, as they have a comfortable 12 game lead at the top of the division, and have rebounded from every such streak this season with 4 or 5 wins on the trot. No-one wants to lose, but the Royals also know that these defeats mean very little in the grand scheme of things. They know that they are going to the playoffs, and that they will be going as the favorite in the AL. Edinson Volquez (12-7, 3.27 ERA) will get the start for the Royals, who have won all 3 of his last starts.
Key Betting Trends
- Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit’s last 9 games when playing Kansas City
- Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
- Kansas City is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kansas City’s last 9 games when playing Detroit
- Kansas City is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit