While it’s always fun to watch a young team strut their stuff and surprise all MLB betting fans, there is always the fear that the lack of experience will hurt them when they need it most. With the season winding down, it’s going to be interesting to see if the Chicago Cubs have what it takes to slug their way to the postseason. They will try to take another big step when they welcome in the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday for the first of three games.
Chicago Cubs vs Arizona Diamondbacks MLB Opening LinesDate/time: Friday, September 4, 2:20 PM ETVenue: Wrigley Field, Chicago, IllinoisTV: CSN, MLBNRadio: WBBM 780, WRTO 1200 (Sp.), Cubs Radio NetworkOpening Lines: Cubs -205, Diamondbacks +190 Jon Lester (8-10, 3.59 ERA) will start, and will have to perform better than he did in his last outing if he hopes to get the win.It has been a typical week for the Arizona Diamondbacks (65-69) as they continue to play .500 ball. They come into this one having split a 4-game series with the Colorado Rockies, and they blew a real chance to win it after taking a doubleheader on Tuesday. That has been the story of the season for Arizona, though, so we really shouldn’t be surprised at the way things are turning out for them. On the bright side of things, it does look as though the bats are starting to warm up a little again, as they score 19 runs during that series.That said, the total is not particularly spectacular when you consider how porous the Rockies defense has been this season. Zack Godley (4-0, 1.90 ERA) will get the start for the D-Backs.
Key Betting Trends
- Chi Cubs is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- Chi Cubs is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Arizona is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games
- Arizona is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games on the road