After easing past the Atlanta Braves in Game 1 of their three-game series on Friday, the Washington Nationals host the Braves at the Nationals Park on Saturday afternoon, as they seek to clinch the series and better their standing in the National League. Check this MLB odds preview as we analyze the key details about the matchup.Venue: Nationals Park, Washington, District of ColumbiaDate: Saturday, May 9, 2015Time: 4:05 PM ETTV: FSN-S/ MASN2/ FS1Run Line: Nats -1.5
As was explicated yesterday, Atlanta’s strength is in the hitting department and good things often happen when their offense is doing well, no wonder the Braves have won 4 of their last 5 contests when they’ve scored 3-or-more runs. It is essentially because of the team’s offensive strength that Atlanta has scored 18 runs in its past 3 outings and 4-or-more runs in 5 of its last 7 games.Doug Fister (2-1 with a 2.61 ERA and 14 strikeouts this season) has to fight for his team spiritedly. Fister’s performance will particularly be important as he will be facing a hard-hitting Atlanta offense, including Freddie Freeman (who leads the Braves with 36 hits and 18 RBIs) and the duo of A.J. Pierzynski and Andrelton Simmons (who’ve combined for a total of 29 RBIs). Fister will thus need to have his cleanest of games, with full concentration throughout the game.Fortunately for the Nationals, their pitching staff will get a lot of balanced support from their equally good offense, led by Bryce Harper (who leads the team with 25 RBIs) and the duo of Wilson Ramos and Yunel Escobar (who’ve combined for a total of 60 hits and 20 RBIs. This could easily help them have an imposing presence on the game, hence encouraging the prospects of a victory for Washington.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Yankees vs Red Sox MLB | Huge In AL Wild-Card Chase
- Rangers vs Yankees MLB | New York Can’t Afford Loss
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?