After easing past the Atlanta Braves in Game 1 of their three-game series on Friday, the Washington Nationals host the Braves at the Nationals Park on Saturday afternoon, as they seek to clinch the series and better their standing in the National League. Check this MLB odds preview as we analyze the key details about the matchup. Venue: Nationals Park, Washington, District of Columbia Date: Saturday, May 9, 2015 Time: 4:05 PM ET TV: FSN-S/ MASN2/ FS1 Run Line: Nats -1.5
As was explicated yesterday, Atlanta’s strength is in the hitting department and good things often happen when their offense is doing well, no wonder the Braves have won 4 of their last 5 contests when they’ve scored 3-or-more runs. It is essentially because of the team’s offensive strength that Atlanta has scored 18 runs in its past 3 outings and 4-or-more runs in 5 of its last 7 games.
Doug Fister (2-1 with a 2.61 ERA and 14 strikeouts this season) has to fight for his team spiritedly. Fister’s performance will particularly be important as he will be facing a hard-hitting Atlanta offense, including Freddie Freeman (who leads the Braves with 36 hits and 18 RBIs) and the duo of A.J. Pierzynski and Andrelton Simmons (who’ve combined for a total of 29 RBIs). Fister will thus need to have his cleanest of games, with full concentration throughout the game.
Fortunately for the Nationals, their pitching staff will get a lot of balanced support from their equally good offense, led by Bryce Harper (who leads the team with 25 RBIs) and the duo of Wilson Ramos and Yunel Escobar (who’ve combined for a total of 60 hits and 20 RBIs. This could easily help them have an imposing presence on the game, hence encouraging the prospects of a victory for Washington.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
- Early 2019 MLB Betting Strategies, Tips, and More
- Early MLB Betting Predictions for 2019 Regular Season
- Early 2019 World Series Odds & Predictions
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 5 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 4 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers 2018 World Series Game 3 Odds & Prediction
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 2 Odds & Pick
- Updated 2018 World Series Odds – October 22nd Edition
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 1 Odds & Prediction
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.