With each passing day, the opportunity for teams to make up ground in the playoff races diminishes. This is particularly true in the American League Wild Card race, as it’s beginning to look as though a 2-horse race is developing there. The Tampa Bay Rays would argue that point as would MLB Betting fans too, but unless they start winning on a more regular basis, their argument will fall on deaf ears. Their next stop will be in New York, where they will face the Yankees on Friday.
New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Friday September 4, 7:05 PM ETVenue: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New YorkTV: YESRadio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280 (Sp.)Opening Lines: New York -150, Tampa Bay +155
As it stands at the moment, the Rays (66-67) are 4.5 games behind the Texas Rangers for the final Wild Card spot. That is not a particularly large margin, but you also have to factor in the Minnesota Twins, as they are a couple of games ahead of Tampa, and are also playing very good ball right now. All that the Rays can do is control their own game, and they are not doing a particularly great job of it at the moment. They had the chance to sweep the Orioles on Wednesday night, and to take their winning streak to 4. They ended up losing in extra innings, and also lost ground in the playoff race, as both the Rangers and Twin notched important wins.They are not going to get any favors from their division rivals here either, as the Yankees are embroiled in a race of their own, which is to try and run down the Toronto Blue Jays. Jake Odorizzi (6-7, 3.18 ERA) will start, and will try to break out of a 3-game winless slump.The last 6 games have been very kind to the Yankees (74-58), as they have faced the Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox, a pair of teams who have difficulty preventing their opponents from scoring at will. The end result for New York was a 5-1 record and a total of 57 runs crossing the plate. That is good practice for the next couple of weeks, as things are about to get a whole lot tougher. The Yankees will not play another team outside of their division until September 18, and they will have an important series with the Blue Jays to look forward between now and then.The Yankees trail their Canadian rivals by a game and a half, and it’s beginning to look as though the 7 head to head games those two will play before the season ends will be what decides who wins the AL East. Luis Severino (2-2, 2.17 ERA) was called up after the trade deadline, and has been brilliant in his 5 starts so far.
Agreed, King! https://t.co/SafOAu1w6L— New York Yankees (@Yankees) September 3, 2015
Key Betting Trends
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 10 games when playing NY Yankees
- Tampa Bay is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games when playing Tampa Bay
- NY Yankees is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay