Momentum plays a major role in sports, especially when you are talking about the 162-game grind of the baseball season. We are reaching the point of the year where a winning streak can carry an MLB betting fan’s team into the playoffs and a losing one can take them out of the race. Two teams, the Baltimore Orioles and Kansas City Royals, heading in opposite directions will play the third of four games in KC on Wednesday night.
Kansas City Royals vs Baltimore Orioles MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: August 26, 8:10 PM ETVenue: Kauffman Park, Kansas City, MissouriTV: FSKCRadio: KCSP 610Opening Line: Kansas City -164, Baltimore +154 Wei-Yin Chen (7-6, 3.13 ERA) will start on Wednesday, and will be looking to maintain his great run of form.It can be hard for a team to keep their foot on the gas when they have a large lead in the division, but there are no signs that the Kansas City Royals (76-48) are about to slow down. They did have a minor power outage last week when they lost the first 2 games of a 4-game series to the Boston Red Sox, but they closed things out with a split before cruising to an 8-3 win over the Orioles in the first game of this series. The Royals are now 8-2 in their last 10 games, and have opened up an unassailable 13 game lead atop the AL Central.The biggest question now is just how wide that margin will get before the regular season draws to a close. Johnny Cueto (9-8, 2.70 ERA) had his first bad start for the Royals last time out, and you can bet he will be looking to make amends.
Key Betting Trends
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Baltimore
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games when playing Baltimore
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Kansas City’s last 20 games when playing Baltimore
- Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Baltimore
- Baltimore is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Baltimore’s last 20 games when playing Kansas City
- Baltimore is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City