Injuries are part and parcel of professional sports, and it’s all a matter of when, not if, when talking about important players hitting the DL. With the MLB season heading into the final 2 weeks, teams and their respective MLB betting fans bound for the playoffs are either looking to stay healthy or to have players back before the postseason begins. That is the case for both the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays as they head into a crucial 3-game series, the second game of which goes on Tuesday night in Toronto.
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blues Jays MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:07 PM ETVenue: Rogers CentreTV: SNET, ESPNRadio: SN590Opening Lines: New York +130, Toronto -139 Marco Estrada (13-8, 3.14 ERA) will be looking to stretch his unbeaten streak to 5 with this start.The Yankees (82-66) got back to winning ways last week despite having some injury concerns of their own to deal with. Much has been made about the absences of Nathan Eovaldi and Mark Texeira for the home stretch, but it now also looks as though pitcher Masahiro Tanaka is going to be unavailable for this series with the Jays. Despite the ever growing DL, the Yankees still have a legitimate shot at winning the AL East, and are sure to be buoyed by their series win over the cross city rival Mets.The Yankees actually won both series they played last week which was a very nice way to rebound from losing 3 of 4 to the Jays the previous weekend. Luis Severino (4-3, 3.12 ERA) will get the start for the Yankees on Tuesday.
Key Betting Trends
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 11 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Toronto
- Toronto is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Toronto’s last 11 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Toronto’s last 8 games when playing at home against NY Yankees