Cincinnati vs San Francisco MLB Opening Lines
We are now in the middle of September, which means that time is beginning to run out for those teams and their MLB betting fans who have not yet been mathematically eliminated from the playoff picture. The defending champion San Francisco Giants are in that group, and it’s beginning to look as though they will not get the chance to defend their crown. They will try to stay alive when they welcome in the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
Cincinnati Reds vs San Francisco Giants MLB Opening Lines
Date/Time: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:15 PM ET
Venue: AT&T Park
Radio: KNBR 680, KTRB 860 (Sp.)
Opening Lines: San Francisco -156. Cincinnati +146
The Giants (76-68) are most certainly fighting to the bitter end, but the run that they are on right now seems to be too little, too late. They are on a 5-game winning streak at the moment, but still find themselves 7.5 games back of the division leading Dodgers, who just happen to be putting together a nice run of their own. The Giants seem to have finally hit a spell where the offense and defense is on the same page, with the highlight of this run being Madison Bumgarner going ever so close to recording a no-hitter.
He has had another magnificent year for the Giants, but the team simply hasn’t gotten enough out of the other guys on their starting rotation. Jake Peavey (6-6, 4.15 ERA) will be on the mound for the Giants in this one.
The pitching struggles of the Giants are nothing compared to what they have been for the Cincinnati Reds (60-83) this season. The Reds seem committed to seeing what they have down in the farm I terms of pitching, as they broke a 113-year old record last week by starting rookies on the mound in 44 consecutive games. Some credit has to go to the Reds for their efforts last week, as they managed to come out of 7 games with the Cardinals and Pirates with a winning record that included a sweep of St. Louis.
Those sorts of successes have been few and far between for this team this season, but those displays should let the Giants know that this is a team not to be taken lightly. Michael Lorenzen (4-8, 5.45 ERA) will make the start for the Reds.
Key Betting Trends
- Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- Cincinnati is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
- San Francisco is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Consider This Before Placing Your Bet
While it may be too late for the Giants to make up that 7.5 game gap, you can bet they will continue to try. I like them to come up with another win here.