A lot can change over the course of a 162-game season, with dominant teams falling while those that were sputtering early on finally coming to dominance. One of the most dramatic second half turnarounds ever has been witnessed by MLB betting fans in Toronto, with many now viewing the Blue Jays as the team to beat in the postseason. The Jays will welcome in the Baltimore Orioles this weekend, with the opening game of the series set for Friday.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles MLB Game InformationDate/Time: Friday September 4, 7:07 PM ET Venue: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada TV: MASN 2 Radio: 105.7 The Fan Opening Lines: Toronto -167, Baltimore +165 Drew Hutchison (13-2, 4.87 ERA) is coming into this one on a 4-game winning streak. The Orioles (64-69) are seeing their challenge for the final Wild Card spot start to sputter. They are now 6.5 games off the pace, brought on in large part by only being able to win 2 of their last 14 games. Many of those losses have been of the frustrating variety, as the O’s have made a rather nasty habit of losing games by a single run. A little bit of a killer instinct might well have put this team in a much better position heading into the final few weeks. They are unlikely to get any help here, as they are running into a team who are on fire, and who are simply casting all challengers aside. Ubaldo Jimenez (9-9, 4.34 ERA) will be trying to break out of a 2-game losing skid when he starts on Friday.
Key Betting Trends
- Baltimore is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Toronto
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Toronto
- Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Baltimore
- Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore