There are just 2 weeks left in the regular season, which means that teams and MLB betting fans who find themselves in a hole have very little time left to dig out. The Washington Nationals have dug themselves a deep one through the course of the season, but the events of last week have left them clinging to a little bit of life. They will welcome in the Baltimore Orioles for 3 games, the second of which is set for Tuesday night.
Baltimore Orioles vs Washington Nationals MLB Odds AnalysisDate/Time: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:05 PM ETVenue: Nationals Park, Washington DCTV: MASNRadio: 106.7 The FanOpening Lines: Washington -125, Baltimore +115 Tanner Roark (4-6, 4.73 ERA) will be on the mound for Washington.Mathematically, there are still 9 teams who have a shot at catching the Houston Astros for the final AL Wild Card spot. The reality is that the majority of those teams have no chance, and that is a category that the Baltimore Orioles fit right into. With the Nationals, Blue Jays, and Yankees to play in the final 2 weeks, the chances of the Orioles making some kind of magical run that would close the 5.5 game gap they face right now seems pretty slim.They do have a chance to play the role of spoiler, though, and they can start that with a series win over Washington. Chris Tillman (9-11, 5.19 ERA) will be on the mound for the Orioles.
Key Betting Trends
- Baltimore is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Washington
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing Washington
- Baltimore is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Washington is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Baltimore
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games when playing Baltimore
- Washington is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Baltimore
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing at home against Baltimore