The events of the past few days seem to have put to rest the races at the top and bottom of the AL East for MLB betting fans, as the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays are coming off wins that seem to have cemented their positions. These two teams will play a weekend series in Toronto, with the first of three games set for Friday night.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Friday, September 25, 2015 7:07 PM ETVenue: Rogers Centre, Toronto, CanadaTV: SNETRadio: SN590Opening Lines: Toronto -162, Tampa Bay +160 R.A. Dickey (10-11, 4.05 ERA) will be on the mound for the Jays.The general consensus, ours included, was that the Tampa Bay Rays (74-78) looked like a team destined to occupy the cellar of the AL East at the end of the season. That may still end up being the case, but a win on Thursday night against the Red Sox will see them win the series and move two and a half games up on Boston, who currently occupy last place. It would really be a small victory, for the Rays, who will still consider this season a bit of a bust.This is a team that has good pitching, but which has struggled to get runs home all season long. If they can add a little bit of pop to their line-up, they may be able to challenge in this division next year. Jake Odorizzi (8-8, 3.38 ERA) will get the start for the Rays.
Key Betting Trends
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Toronto
- Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay