Tuesday Night MLB Odds & Expert Prediction for Phillies Against Cubs
The Philadelphia Phillies have been one of the most surprising teams over the first two months of the 2018 regular season. However, reality may be setting on for a Philly team that is struggling mightily right now, just as the MLB odds indicate. The polar opposite seems to be the case for a Chicago Cubs team that was expected to contend for the NL pennant this season but got out of the gates slowly. Now, with the lovable Cubs heating up, the Phils could use an upset win in a big way.
If you’re looking to find out which team is offering the best MLB betting value in this matchup, let’s get to my expert MLB pick right on this Tuesday night matchup now.
Philadelphia (31-26) at Chicago (33-23) MLB Odds & Expert Prediction
— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) 4 de junio de 2018
- When: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field
- TV: WGN
- Radio: Philadelphia 1470 AM / Chicago 670 The Score
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Chicago Cubs -245 / Philadelphia Phillies +195 (Over/Under at 8)
Recent Head to Head (Las 10 Games)
- Runs: Philadelphia Phillies 4.40 / Chicago Cubs 5.70
- Hits: Philadelphia Phillies 8.40 / Chicago Cubs 9.90
- Walks: Philadelphia Phillies 2.60 / Chicago Cubs 3.40
- Strike Outs: Philadelphia Phillies 9.70 / Chicago Cubs 7.40
- Philadelphia Phillies: Zach Eflin – R – (1-2, 4.50 RA)
- Chicago Cubs: Kyle Hendricks – R – (4-4, 3.19 ERA)
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Phillies?
Why should you consider betting on Philadelphia In this contest? Well, to be honest about it, there aren’t many good reasons at all. Philadelphia has dropped three straight and seven of their last 10 games overall.
They come into this series off a sweep at the hands of the mediocre San Francisco Giants in which they got outscored 12-1 over three games, including Sunday’s 6-1 loss. The Phillies are also an uninspiring 12-17 on the road this season, so there’s that as well.
- Runs: 4.19
- Hits: 7.70
- Walks: 3.75
- Strike Outs: 9.68
- Runs: 3.74
- Hits: 7.95
- Walks: 2.98
- Strike Outs: 8.98
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Cubs?
Why should you consider betting on the Chicago Cubs? Well, there are a few good reasons. First, Chicago is playing at home where they’ve gone 15-11 this year. Second, veteran right-hander Kyle Hendricks has been throwing the ball pretty solidly this season.
Another good reason is that the Cubs are starting to heat up in a big way by winning four straight and seven of their last eight games overall. Last but not least, Chicago will be facing a struggling starter when they take on Philly right-hander Zach Eflin.
The Cubs come into Game 1 of this series off an emphatic four-game sweep of the Mets that saw them outscore their NL counterparts 21-6 over the span of the quartet of games, including their 2-0 shutout win on Sunday.
While Kyle Hendricks took a loss the last time out despite limiting Pittsburgh to just two earned runs on seven hits and one walk in 5.0 innings, the veteran right-hander has gone nine straight starts of limiting the opposition to three earned runs or less while giving up two earned runs three times during the stretch and one earned run or less twice.
- Runs: 5.23
- Hits: 9.48
- Walks: 4.02
- Strike Outs: 8.48
- Runs: 3.57
- Hits: 7.27
- Walks: 4.30
- Strike Outs: 8.80
Latest MLB Betting Trends for Tuesday Night
- Zach Eflin is 0-0 when starting against Chicago Cubs with an ERA of 3.86 and a WHIP of 1.286
- Kyle Hendricks is 3-1 when starting against Philadelphia Phillies with an ERA of 2.60 and a WHIP of 0.831
- Phillies are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Phillies are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games
- Cubs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- Cubs are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
Expert Pick & Score Prediction
Phillies right-hander Zach Elfin has a dismal 8.10 ERA over his last three starts spanning just 13.1 innings. He’s given up 12 earned runs during the stretch, so things are clearly not looking good for the right-hander, especially with Philly having a trio of young hurlers in Enyel De Los Santos, Cole Irvin and Ben Lively all throwing well at Triple-A.
Not only that, but the Phils are also just 3-11 in Eflin’s last 14 starts while Chicago has gone 5-1 in Kyle Hendricks’ last 6 starts, 9-4 in their last 13 games against Philly and 6-1 in their last seven home games against their longtime NL East rivals. There’s absolutely nothing about this matchup that makes me think the Phillies have a chance to win! Back the Cubs to cruise to victory.
Score: Philadelphia Phillies 2 – Chicago Cubs 8