Recently we saw the deal between the Dodgers and Marlins, which involved right-hander Mat Latos and slugger Michael Morse, put on hold after the Braves also got dragged into the deal. In the end, we had an incredible 13-player exchange amongst the three teams, resulting in a resounding shake-up of the MLB betting lines.In the deal, the Dodgers had the lion’s share of acquisitions, getting five pitchers—Mat Latos, Alex Wood, Jim Johnson, Luis Avilan, and Bronson Arroyo. On top of those pitchers, they got Michael Morse and Jose Peraza as first and second batters, respectively. The Braves walked away with Hector Olivera, Paco Rodriguez and Zachary Bird, while the Marlins received Jeff Brigham, Victor Araujo and Kevin Guzman. But the question still lingers, was this deal necessary? To answer that, let’s try to assess the underlying value in the trades and how they could influence the team’s performance in the baseball betting lines for the rest of the season and, possibly, the years to come.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Yankees vs Red Sox MLB | Huge In AL Wild-Card Chase
- Rangers vs Yankees MLB | New York Can’t Afford Loss
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?