Early in the 2015 MLB betting season, St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright went down with an injury to his Achilles tendon, and he will not return until 2016. He didn’t suffer this injury while pitching or fielding his position, though. Instead, he was hurt during an at-bat, as National League pitchers must bat rather than have a designated hitter take their spot in the batting order, as is the case in the American League. His injury reignited the discussion as to whether both leagues should have the designated hitter rule. Personally, I believe that pitchers should bat in both leagues. To compensate for the furor that would erupt from the MLB players’ union at the prospect of lost jobs, I would allow teams in both leagues to add an additional spot to their rosters.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Yankees vs Red Sox MLB | Huge In AL Wild-Card Chase
- Rangers vs Yankees MLB | New York Can’t Afford Loss
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?