Early in the 2015 MLB betting season, St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright went down with an injury to his Achilles tendon, and he will not return until 2016. He didn’t suffer this injury while pitching or fielding his position, though. Instead, he was hurt during an at-bat, as National League pitchers must bat rather than have a designated hitter take their spot in the batting order, as is the case in the American League. His injury reignited the discussion as to whether both leagues should have the designated hitter rule. Personally, I believe that pitchers should bat in both leagues. To compensate for the furor that would erupt from the MLB players’ union at the prospect of lost jobs, I would allow teams in both leagues to add an additional spot to their rosters.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
- Early 2019 MLB Betting Strategies, Tips, and More
- Early MLB Betting Predictions for 2019 Regular Season
- Early 2019 World Series Odds & Predictions
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 5 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 4 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers 2018 World Series Game 3 Odds & Prediction
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 2 Odds & Pick
- Updated 2018 World Series Odds – October 22nd Edition
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 1 Odds & Prediction
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.