As everyone knows in Chicago, the Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. They haven’t even been to a World Series since 1945. Many MLB betting fans attribute this drought to the Curse of the Billy Goat, which was placed on the team during the 1945 World Series. The Cubs were taking on the Detroit Tigers, and Billy Sianis, the owner of the Billy Goat Tavern, was watching a game at Wrigley Field. He had brought (of all things) his pet goat with him. Some of the fans around him were offended by the odor that the goat brought into the stadium, and so Sianis was asked to leave. He was angered by this and said, “Them Cubs, they ain’t gonna win no more.” Many have interpreted this to mean that the Cubs would never win any more World Series games at Wrigley. Of course, since that World Series ended with a Tigers victory, the Cubs haven’t had any more chances.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 18th Edition
- Athletics vs Mariners MLB Odds & Japan Opening Series Prediction
- 2019 MLB Opening Day Underdog Betting Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 1st Edition
- Best Future Betting Picks for the 2019 MLB Regular Season
- 2019 MLB Regular Season Win Totals Predictions
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
- Early 2019 MLB Betting Strategies, Tips, and More
- Early MLB Betting Predictions for 2019 Regular Season
- Early 2019 World Series Odds & Predictions
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.