The 2014 World Series features two teams that not too many people expected to be playing for the championship, and for the first time since the creation of the Wildcard playoffs, two Wildcard teams will go head to head in the Fall Classic. The American League will be represented by the Kansas City Royals, while the National league will be represented by the San Francisco Giants. Since the American League won the All Star game, the Royals will have the home field advantage in the World Series. In addition to that, Kansas City is also stated to open the series as a slight favorite to take the World Series according to the latest MLB betting odds. The Kansas City Royals made the playoffs for the first time in 29 years, but have played like an experienced playoff team, and remain undefeated during their playoff run. They made it to the ALDS with an extra innings victory over the Oakland A’s in the Wild Card playoff game, and advanced to play the heavily favored Los Angeles Angles, who had the best record in baseball. They weren’t intimidated by the Angels, and swept the series in three games. In the ALCS, the Royals had to play the Baltimore Orioles, who won the AL East. They were tested during the series, but still found a way to sweep another good team, and earn their spot in the World Series. The Giants have won two World Series titles in four years, but weren’t expected to make it to the playoffs this season because they were not as regular as other teams during the season, and they lost some of the key players from their previous campaigns. They surprised their critics by winning 88 games, and clinching a Wildcard spot.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 18th Edition
- Athletics vs Mariners MLB Odds & Japan Opening Series Prediction
- 2019 MLB Opening Day Underdog Betting Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – March 1st Edition
- Best Future Betting Picks for the 2019 MLB Regular Season
- 2019 MLB Regular Season Win Totals Predictions
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
- Early 2019 MLB Betting Strategies, Tips, and More
- Early MLB Betting Predictions for 2019 Regular Season
- Early 2019 World Series Odds & Predictions
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.