The way in which the AL East and the AL West are shaping up could not be any more different. The East is as wide open as it gets, with just 3.5 games separating the first place New York Yankees from last-placed Toronto. In the West, the Oakland A’s find themselves 13 games out of first place, with that number expanding on a seemingly daily basis. The Yankees and A’s are in the middle of a 4-game series, with the third game set for Saturday in Oakland, let’s see what fans can expect from this Saturday MLB betting affair.
New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics MLB Betting PreviewTime: May 30, 10:05 p.m. ETVenue: O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CaliforniaNational TV: MLBN, YES, WADO 1280, WFAN 660/101.9 FMOpening line: TBA Nathan Eovaldi (4-1, 4.27 ERA) will start for New York on Saturday. Eovaldi was excellent in his last start, giving up a single run in 8 innings pitched.The Oakland Athletics (18-32) are full value for their last place standing, although they have been showing some signs of life of late. They have won 3 of their last 5, including the first game of this series which was played on Thursday. Fans of the A’s will take little comfort in that minor good streak, though, as the 16 games prior to that yielded only 2 wins. The A’s haven’t been that bad offensively, but they simply have not had the pitching to match. Their -4 run differential is far and away the best of any last place team in baseball, which is little comfort to the fans suffering through a rough season. Jesse Hahn (2-4, 3.69 ERA) will start for Oakland on Saturday. Hahn is coming off a full-game shutout where he was nothing short of spectacular.
Key Betting Trends
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games
- NY Yankees is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing Oakland
- NY Yankees is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Oakland
- Oakland is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- Oakland is 7-16 SU in its last 23 games
- Oakland is 5-14 SU in its last 19 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Oakland’s last 22 games at home
- Oakland is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing NY Yankees
- Oakland is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against NY Yankees