In the early part of the season, it appeared as though no team really wanted to win the AL East, with just a couple of games separating top from bottom. The cream eventually rose to the top, and now it’s a 2-horse race between the Yankees and Blue Jays for the thrill of MLB betting fans. New York are behind right now, but have the opportunity to get some much needed wins this weekend when they head to Atlanta to face the Braves. The final game of the series is set for Sunday afternoon.
NY Yankees at Atlanta Braves Predicted MLB Betting Lines & Game InfoDate/Time: August 30, 1:35 PM ETVenue: Turner Field, Atlanta, GeorgiaTV: FSSORadio: WCNN 680/WYAY 106.7, Braves Radio NetworkNathan Eovaldi (13-2, 4.00 ERA) will start, and that is good news for the Yankees who have won 8 of the last 10 games with him on the mound.The Yankees should make sure that they do not come in and take the Braves (54-73) too lightly. Sure, Atlanta has essentially sold off all their player assets in an effort to save money and get younger, but this is a team that still maintains a winning record at Turner Field. The Braves are a tough nut to crack at home, and come into this series with a pretty decent 33-26 home record.The big issue for the Braves right now is scoring runs, although they have had a pretty tough time stopping them, too in recent weeks. This is to be expected with a team that is very much I the rebuilding phase, and who are using the final few weeks of the season to give their triple-A guys a taste of big league ball. Julio Teheran (9-6, 4.29 ERA) will get the start for the Braves.
Key Betting Trends
- NY Yankees is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Yankees’s last 13 games when playing Atlanta
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- Atlanta is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Atlanta’s last 13 games when playing NY Yankees
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against NY Yankees