Winning a division in baseball is a pretty huge accomplishment for a team and their MLB betting fans, as it means that you were among the best and most consistent teams throughout the regular season. It also means avoiding the dreaded Wild Card game. That said, every team on the outside looking in right now would gladly trade their spot for a place in the Wild Card. The New York Yankees still have a slight shot at the division, which they will try to keep alive when they welcome in the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
Chicago White Sox vs New York Yankees MLB Opening Lines
Date/Time: Sunday, September 27, 2015 1:05 PM ET
Venue: Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York
Radio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280 (Sp.)
Opening Lines: Chicago +180, New York -183Luis Severino (4-3, 3.10 ERA) has been pretty dominant in his previous 2 starts.The Chicago White Sox (72-81) look like a bit of a broken bunch, and are seeing this season out with a whimper. They have now lost 3 straight games, and have gone just 4-6 in their last 10. To be fair, that is pretty consistent with the way that this team has played since the trade deadline. It really looked as though this team had put things together at the start of the second half, as they were one of the hottest teams in baseball though July.Management pretty much stood pat at the trade deadline, and then looked on in horror as the wheels came off for the White Sox in the worst way possible. I expect there to be more than a few changes once the offseason begins. Erik Johnson (3-0, 3.52 ERA) will get the start for the White Sox.
Key Betting Trends
- Chi White Sox is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing NY Yankees
- Chi White Sox is 1-10 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing Chi White Sox
- NY Yankees is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox