Chicago Cubs vs St. Louis Cardinals MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Wednesday September 9, 1:45 PM ET Venue: Busch Stadium, Saint Louis, Missouri TV: CSN Radio: WBBM 780, Cubs Radio Network Opening Lines: Saint Louis -122, Chicago +112 Jon Lester (9-10, 3.59 ERA) will be trying to make it back to back wins when he starts on Wednesday. The last few days have allowed us to witness something that hasn’t happened very often this seasons, which is a St. Louis Cardinals (87-50) losing streak. With their loss to the Cubs on Monday, the Cardinals are now on a run where they have lost 4 of their last 5. While this is certainly not a reason to panic, the losses have come against teams that they may have to face if they want to make it to the World Series. The team that takes the field in the playoffs might be a little different than the one they are fielding now, though, as the Cardinals are starting to get a number of players back to full fitness. The big question is how much they are going to be willing to tinker with a line-up that has been delivering the goods all season long. Carlos Martinez (13-7, 3.04 ERA) will be trying to bounce back from a bit of a slump that has seen him go 1-3 in his last 4 starts.
Key Betting Trends
- Chi Cubs is 2-4-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 3-6-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing St. Louis
- Chi Cubs is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- St. Louis is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- St. Louis is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
- St. Louis is 8-2-1 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs