There are a lot of things that can happen in NBA odds over the course of a 7-game playoff series, and the momentum can swing in the favor of one team or the other in those circumstances. One of the best ways to cause the pendulum to swing in your direction is to snag an early win on the road, and that is exactly what the Washington Wizards did versus the Toronto Raptors in Game 1 of their playoff series.
While these two teams ended the season with very similar records, it fair to say that they achieved their records in very different ways. The Wizards are not a team that are going to blow you away with their offensive prowess, but they are very good at shutting down the opposition, which helps make up somewhat for their lack of scoring. The feeling coming into this series was that John Wall would have to be the man that made the difference for the Wizards, but it was a seasoned veteran who delivered the offensive punch in Game 1. Paul Pierce had done a fair amount of trash talking before the opening game of the series, but he backed that up by leading all scorers with 20 points, as Washington stole a vital win on the road, outlasting the Raptors 93-86 in OT.
Toronto is well aware that they have their backs against the wall after losing that first game, and they will be desperate to get the spilt before they have to head to Washington for Games 3 and 4. On the plus side, the Raptors were much better defensively than they were throughout the second half of the season, but they were also unable to put up the sort of offense that helped them get wins while giving up big points. There are still some question marks about the health of Kyle Lowry and DeMarDeRozan, which is not something that they really want to be dealing with at this stage in the season. While a loss in Game 2 would not necessarily signal the end for Toronto, it would certainly be a pretty solid nail in their coffin.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics Slight NBA Favorites for Game 5 Against Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA: Celtics vs. Cavs
- Rockets at Warriors NBA Lines & Preview for Game 3
- Are the Rockets a Safe NBA Pick to Win the 2018 Championship?