The Charlotte Hornets (2-5) are 6-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Atlanta Hawks (4-3) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at State Farm Arena. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The over/under in the matchup is 231.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Charlotte has come out on top in seven of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Atlanta. The Hawks have a 1-0-1 edge against the spread when playing the Hornets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/9/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-5||222||-200||163||Regular Season||143-138 ATL|
|12/8/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||223||-125||105||Regular Season||122-107 ATL|
|2/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-120 CHA|
|11/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
|11/25/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 ATL|
|11/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 CHA|
|3/15/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-117 CHA|
|1/31/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 CHA|
|1/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-110 CHA|
|10/20/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-91 CHA|
Hawks Betting Information
- Against the spread, Atlanta has been strong this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- The Hawks have posted a losing record of 0-3 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- Atlanta and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 7 games this season (28.6%).
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering just 28.6% of the time).
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
- In 36 of seven outings (514.3%) this season, the Hawks and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 231.5 points.
- Charlotte has played in two games this season (out of seven total matchups — 28.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 231.5 points.
- The Hawks and the Hornets combine to average 5.9 less points per game than the total of 231.5 set for this game.
- The Hawks and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined 6.9 fewer points per game than the point total of 231.5 set in this matchup.
- The average point total for Hawks games this year is 0.9 fewer points than the over/under of 231.5 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this year have averaged a total of 219.6 points, 11.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He contributes 28.6 points per game while adding 9.1 assists.
- Atlanta is led in rebounds by Clint Capela’s 12.0 per game.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic connects on 2.9 threes per game to lead the Hawks.
- Atlanta’s blocks leader is Capela, who records 1.2 per game. Kevin Huerter leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Terry Rozier owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 21.6 points per game and also tacks on 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Bismack Biyombo with 7.1 rebounds per game and Devonte’ Graham with 6.1 assists per game.
- Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.6 made threes per game.
- LaMelo Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.9 steals per game and Miles Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.6 per game.