The Atlanta Hawks (4-4) are 4-point favorites as they attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Charlotte Hornets (4-5) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Spectrum Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has an over/under of 227.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Charlotte has taken seven of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Atlanta.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/6/2021||Hawks||Hawks||-6||232.5||-231||189||Regular Season||102-94 CHA|
|3/9/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-5||222||-200||163||Regular Season||143-138 ATL|
|12/8/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||223||-125||105||Regular Season||122-107 ATL|
|2/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-120 CHA|
|11/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
|11/25/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 ATL|
|11/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 CHA|
|3/15/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-117 CHA|
|1/31/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 CHA|
|1/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-110 CHA|
Hawks Betting Information
- Atlanta has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering four times in eight contests.
- The Hawks have posted a losing record of 0-4 against the spread when the spread is -4 or higher.
- Atlanta and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 8 (25%) games this season.
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 4-5 ATS.
- When they play as at least 4-point underdogs, the Hornets have a record ATS of 0-1.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this year (3 out of 9 opportunities).
- In 41 of eight games (512.5%) this season, the Hawks and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 227 points.
- In three of nine opportunities (33.3%) this season, Charlotte has combined with its opponents to score at least 227 points.
- These teams average a combined 223.1 points per game, 3.9 fewer points than the over/under of 227 set for this game.
- The Hawks and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined six less points per game than the over/under of 227 set in this game.
- The Hawks’ average point total in matchups this season is 226.2, 0.8 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Hornets this year is 9.1 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He contributes 25.9 points per game while tacking on 8.4 assists.
- Atlanta is led in rebounds by Clint Capela’s 13.2 per game.
- The Hawks are led by Bogdan Bogdanovic from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.5 shots from deep per game.
- Atlanta’s steals leader is Kevin Huerter, who averages 1.3 per game. Capela leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks a game.
- Gordon Hayward owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 22.3 points per game and also tacks on 5.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per contest.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Bismack Biyombo (7.1 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.4 assists per game).
- Terry Rozier makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, averaging 3.4 treys per game.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than Hayward (1.7 per game) or blocks more shots than Miles Bridges (1.3 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- Utah Jazz vs. New York Knicks: 1/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- NBA 2021 Week 6 Games to Must Bet On
- Indiana Pacers vs. Toronto Raptors: 1/25/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat: 1/25/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/25/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview