Trae Young leads the Atlanta Hawks (2-0) into a matchup with the Detroit Pistons (0-2) after putting up 36 points in a 122-112 win over the Grizzlies. The Pistons are 9-point underdogs in the game on Monday, December 28, 2020, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup has a point total of 225.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Detroit has a 7-3 record against Atlanta. The Pistons also hold a 2-1 edge against the spread when facing off with the Hawks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Pistons||Hawks||-1||227.5||-115||-104||Regular Season||136-103 DET|
|11/22/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||226.5||-254||207||Regular Season||128-103 DET|
|10/24/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-1.5||221.5||-120||101||Regular Season||117-100 ATL|
|2/22/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-122 DET|
|12/23/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 ATL|
|11/9/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-109 DET|
|2/14/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-98 DET|
|2/11/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-115 ATL|
|12/14/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-91 DET|
|11/10/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 DET|
Hawks Betting Information
- Atlanta struggled against the spread, going 29-35-2 last year.
- Atlanta was reliable for the over last season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 38 of 66 games for a 57.6% rate.
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 27-37-1 ATS.
- In most of Detroit’s games this season, the teams combined to hit the over (38 out of 65 games, 58.5%).
- The Hawks and their opponents combined to score more than 225 points in 61.2% of their games last year (41 of 67 opportunities).
- Detroit and its opponents combined to score at least 225 points in 27 of 66 games (40.9%) last season.
- The Hawks and the Pistons combined to average six less points per game last year than the total of 225 set for this game.
- The Hawks and the Pistons saw their opponents average a combined 5.5 more points per game last season than the point total of 225 set in this game.
- The average point total in Hawks games last season was 6.5 more points than the over/under of 225 in this matchup.
- The average total in Pistons games last season was seven less points than the point total of 225 for this outing.
- Young scored 29.6 points per game and averaged 9.3 assists per game last season.
- Clint Capela grabbed 13.8 rebounds per game.
- Young was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 3.4 per game.
- Kris Dunn averaged 2.0 steals per game. Capela collected 1.8 blocks a game.
- Derrick Rose contributed 18.1 points per game last season while also adding 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee collected 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Svi Mykhailiuk was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 2.1 per game.
- Delon Wright averaged 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks an outing.