The Minnesota Timberwolves (3-8) are 8-point underdogs as they try to break a four-game road slide when they square off against the Atlanta Hawks (5-7) on Monday, January 18, 2021 at State Farm Arena. The game airs at 2:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The point total for the matchup is set at 227.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Minnesota has a 6-4 record against Atlanta.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/5/2020||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-4||239||-179||149||Regular Season||127-120 ATL|
|11/25/2019||Timberwolves||Hawks||-4.5||235.5||-187||155||Regular Season||125-113 MIN|
|2/27/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-123 ATL|
|12/28/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-120 ATL|
|3/28/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-114 MIN|
|1/29/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 ATL|
|12/26/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-90 MIN|
|12/21/2016||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||92-84 MIN|
|11/25/2015||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-95 MIN|
|11/9/2015||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-107 MIN|
Hawks Betting Information
- Atlanta has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 5-7 record.
- When favored by at least 8 points, the Hawks have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Atlanta and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 12 (16.7%) games this season.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 4-6-1 ATS (covering just 36.4% of the time).
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 54.5% of matchups this season (6 out of 11 chances).
- The Hawks and their opponents have scored no less than 227.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 40 of 12 outings (333.3%) this year.
- Minnesota has played in five games this season (out of 11 total matchups — 45.5% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 227.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 220 points per game, 7.5 less points than the total of 227.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 228.9 points per game, 1.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Hawks games this season is 5.8 fewer points than the total of 227.5 in this matchup.
- Timberwolves games this season have averaged an over/under of 227.4 points, 0.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in scoring (23.2 points per game) and assisting (8.6 assists per game).
- Clint Capela paces Atlanta with 12.9 rebounds per game.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic hits 2.3 threes per game to lead the Hawks.
- Atlanta’s blocks leader is Capela, who collects 1.2 per game. Cameron Reddish leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- D’Angelo Russell takes the top spot on the Timberwolves scoring and assist lists, putting up 20.7 points and 5.5 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Jarrett Culver is the Minnesota leader with 5.6 per game.
- Russell makes more threes per game than any other member of the Timberwolves, cashing in 2.8 treys per game.
- Minnesota’s Ricky Rubio has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and Josh Okogie is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Toronto Raptors vs. Houston Rockets: 2/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Boston Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Chicago Bulls: 2/26/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Sacramento Kings vs. Detroit Pistons: 2/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends