The Boston Celtics (15-13) are just 2.5-point favorites as they attempt to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (12-17) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The game airs at 3:30 PM ET on ABC. The matchup has an over/under of 233.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against New Orleans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-1||231||-114||-105||Regular Season||123-108 NO|
|1/11/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-11.5||223||-727||530||Regular Season||140-105 BOS|
|12/10/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-100 BOS|
|11/26/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-107 BOS|
|3/18/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-89 NO|
|1/16/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-113 NO|
|1/7/2017||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-108 BOS|
|11/14/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-105 NO|
|4/6/2016||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-97 BOS|
|12/7/2015||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-93 BOS|
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has been strong against the spread, going 15-13 this season.
- The Celtics have posted a winning record of 8-7 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- More often than not, Boston and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 15 of 28 chances this season.
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 13-17 ATS (covering only 43.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Pelicans have not fared well, going 4-8 against the spread.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (20 out of 30 contests).
- The Celtics and their opponents have combined to score more than 233 points in 25% of their outings this year (seven of 28 opportunities).
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score more than 233 points in 40% of their games this season (12 of 30 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 225.4 points per game, 7.6 less points than the over/under of 233 set for this game.
- The Celtics and the Pelicans have seen their opponents average a combined 8.6 less points per game than the point total of 233 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Celtics games this year is 12.6 fewer points than the over/under of 233 in this matchup.
- Pelicans games this season have averaged an over/under of 229.1 points, 3.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who averages 25.8 points per game.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 6.1 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the team with 8.2 rebounds per contest.
- Kemba Walker knocks down 2.8 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Smart leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Tacko Fall collects 1.3 blocks a game to pace Boston.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Zion Williamson with 25.0 points per game. He also adds 6.7 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 8.9 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.0 assists per game.
- Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- New Orleans’ Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Brandon Ingram is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals