The Boston Celtics (15-13) are just 2.5-point favorites as they attempt to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (12-17) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The game airs at 3:30 PM ET on ABC. The matchup has an over/under of 233.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against New Orleans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-1||231||-114||-105||Regular Season||123-108 NO|
|1/11/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-11.5||223||-727||530||Regular Season||140-105 BOS|
|12/10/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-100 BOS|
|11/26/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-107 BOS|
|3/18/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-89 NO|
|1/16/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-113 NO|
|1/7/2017||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-108 BOS|
|11/14/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-105 NO|
|4/6/2016||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-97 BOS|
|12/7/2015||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-93 BOS|
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has been strong against the spread, going 15-13 this season.
- The Celtics have posted a winning record of 8-7 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- More often than not, Boston and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 15 of 28 chances this season.
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 13-17 ATS (covering only 43.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Pelicans have not fared well, going 4-8 against the spread.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (20 out of 30 contests).
- The Celtics and their opponents have combined to score more than 233 points in 25% of their outings this year (seven of 28 opportunities).
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score more than 233 points in 40% of their games this season (12 of 30 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 225.4 points per game, 7.6 less points than the over/under of 233 set for this game.
- The Celtics and the Pelicans have seen their opponents average a combined 8.6 less points per game than the point total of 233 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Celtics games this year is 12.6 fewer points than the over/under of 233 in this matchup.
- Pelicans games this season have averaged an over/under of 229.1 points, 3.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who averages 25.8 points per game.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 6.1 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the team with 8.2 rebounds per contest.
- Kemba Walker knocks down 2.8 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Smart leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Tacko Fall collects 1.3 blocks a game to pace Boston.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Zion Williamson with 25.0 points per game. He also adds 6.7 rebounds per game and 3.1 assists per game.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 8.9 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.0 assists per game.
- Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- New Orleans’ Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Brandon Ingram is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.