The New York Knicks (5-8) are underdogs (+7.5) in their attempt to break a five-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (8-3) at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at TD Garden. The contest airs on NBA TV. The over/under for the matchup is set at 212.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has won eight of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with New York. The Celtics also have a 2-1 record against the spread when taking on the Knicks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/1/2019||Celtics||Knicks||-7.5||209.5||-315||248||Regular Season||113-104 BOS|
|11/1/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-9.5||211.5||-538||408||Regular Season||104-102 BOS|
|10/26/2019||Celtics||Knicks||-5.5||218.5||-213||174||Regular Season||118-95 BOS|
|2/1/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-99 BOS|
|12/6/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-100 BOS|
|11/21/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-109 NY|
|10/20/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-101 BOS|
|2/24/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-112 BOS|
|1/31/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-73 BOS|
|12/21/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-93 NY|
Celtics Betting Information
- Against the spread, Boston has been strong this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Celtics have struggled to a 0-2 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, Boston and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 6 of 11 chances this season.
Knicks Betting Information
- New York has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 5-8 ATS.
- New York has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 30.8% of matchups this year (4 out of 13 contests).
- In 500% of their games this year (55 of 11 chances), the Celtics and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 212.5 points.
- New York has played in four games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 30.8% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 212.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.5 more points per game (215) than this game’s over/under of 212.5 points.
- The Celtics and the Knicks have seen their opponents average a combined 3.7 more points per game than the point total of 212.5 set for this game.
- The average total the Celtics have had set in matchups this season is 11.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Knicks games this year is 5.2 fewer points than the point total of 212.5 in this outing.
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics in scoring, racking up 26.9 points per game.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 6.0 assists per game .
- Tatum hits 3.5 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Jeff Teague leads the team with 1.7 steals per game. Robert Williams III collects 1.5 blocks an outing to pace Boston.
- Julius Randle leads the Knicks in all things points, rebounds and assists, putting up 23.2 points, 10.5 pulling down rebounds and serving up 6.7 assists per game.
- Austin Rivers makes more threes per game than any other member of the Knicks, cashing in 2.2 treys per game.
- Mitchell Robinson is tops on New York in both steals (1.6) and blocks (1.8) per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Toronto Raptors vs. Houston Rockets: 2/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Boston Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Chicago Bulls: 2/26/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Sacramento Kings vs. Detroit Pistons: 2/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends