The San Antonio Spurs (9-8) are 3.5-point underdogs against the Boston Celtics (10-6) at AT&T Center on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The game tips at 8:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The matchup has an over/under set at 225 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
San Antonio has taken eight of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Boston.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/8/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-7||220.5||-305||247||Regular Season||129-114 SA|
|11/9/2019||Spurs||Spurs||-2||218||-126||105||Regular Season||135-115 BOS|
|3/24/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-96 SA|
|12/31/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-111 SA|
|12/8/2017||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-102 SA|
|10/30/2017||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 BOS|
|12/14/2016||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-101 SA|
|11/25/2016||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-103 SA|
|12/5/2015||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-105 SA|
|11/1/2015||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-87 SA|
Celtics Betting Information
- Against the spread, Boston has been strong this season, posting an 8-7 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Celtics have fared well against the spread, putting together a 5-3 record.
- More often than not, Boston and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 9 of 16 chances this season.
Spurs Betting Information
- San Antonio has a 10-6-1 record against the spread, covering in 58.8% of their outings.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Spurs have a record ATS of 2-2.
- San Antonio has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.1% of matchups this year (8 out of 17 chances).
- The Celtics and their opponents have scored more than 225 points in 175% of their outings this season (28 of 16 opportunities).
- San Antonio and its opponents have added up to score at least 225 points in 52.9% of their matchups this season (nine of 17 chances).
- The Celtics and the Spurs combine to average 0.6 fewer points per game than the total of 225 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.5 fewer points per game (220.5) than this matchup’s over/under of 225 points.
- The Celtics’ average point total in outings this year is 222.9, 2.1 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total for Spurs games this season is three fewer points than the point total of 225 for this outing.
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jaylen Brown, who puts up 27.3 points per game.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.6 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 6.2 assists per game .
- Jayson Tatum is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 3.5 per game.
- Boston’s steals leader is Smart, who collects 1.8 per game. Robert Williams III leads the team averaging 1.5 blocks a contest.
- DeMar DeRozan’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Spurs scoring and assists leaderboards with 20.1 points per game and 6.8 assists per game.
- Keldon Johnson’s 7.3 rebounds per game paces San Antonio’s rebounding effort. He also adds 14.2 points per game.
- Patty Mills makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spurs, cashing in 2.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on San Antonio grabs more steals than Devin Vassell (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Jakob Poeltl (0.9 per game).