The Washington Wizards (13-18) visit the Boston Celtics (16-16) as 4.5-point underdogs after Bradley Beal racked up 34 points in the Wizards’ 128-112 victory over the Timberwolves. The matchup airs on NBCS-BOS at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 28, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 231.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston and Washington have split the last 10 games they’ve played. The Wizards hold a 3-1-1 edge against the spread when matched up with the Celtics.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/14/2021||Celtics||Wizards||-7||230||-302||244||Regular Season||104-91 WAS|
|1/8/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-3.5||237.5||-157||130||Regular Season||116-107 BOS|
|8/13/2020||Wizards||Celtics||-2||225||-128||108||Regular Season||96-90 WAS|
|1/6/2020||Celtics||Wizards||-9||225.5||-430||333||Regular Season||99-94 WAS|
|11/13/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-7||229.5||-305||247||Regular Season||140-133 BOS|
|4/9/2019||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-110 BOS|
|3/1/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-96 BOS|
|12/12/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-125 BOS|
|4/10/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-101 WAS|
|3/14/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-124 WAS|
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering 16 times in 32 contests.
- The Celtics have posted a losing record of 4-5 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- More often than not, Boston and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 18 of 32 chances this season.
Wizards Betting Information
- Washington has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 16-15 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Wizards have a record ATS of 1-2.
- Washington has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 54.8% of matchups this year (17 out of 31 chances).
- The Celtics and their opponents have scored more than 231.5 points in 31.2% of their outings this year (10 of 32 opportunities).
- Washington has played in 16 games this season (out of 31 total matchups — 51.6% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 231.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.4 fewer points per game (226.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 231.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 229.7 points per game, 1.8 less than the point total for this game.
- The Celtics’ average point total in matchups this season is 221.7, 9.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- Wizards games this season have averaged an over/under of 234.2 points, 2.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics in scoring, averaging 25.0 points per game.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.3 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 6.1 assists per game .
- Kemba Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, connecting on 2.8 per game.
- Smart leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Tacko Fall collects 1.4 blocks a contest to pace Boston.
- Russell Westbrook grabs 9.9 rebounds per game, 9.8 assists per game, and 19.7 points per game, putting him in the top spot on the Wizards in both rebounds and assists.
- Beal holds the title of Washington’s top scorer by putting up 32.8 points per game.
- Davis Bertans is tops from three-point range for the Wizards, hitting 2.9 threes per game.
- Beal is at the top of Washington’s steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Alex Len leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA 2021 Players Power Rankings Analysis Update Apr. 21st
- Golden State Warriors vs Washington Wizards | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- Phoenix Suns vs Philadelphia 76ers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis
- NBA News & Rumors: Tony Ronzone Fired, Terry Stotts On The Hot Seat & LaMelo Ball Soon to Be Back
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers | 2021 NBA Expert Analysis