The Brooklyn Nets (1-0) visit the Boston Celtics (1-0) for a Christmas Day showdown at TD Garden, tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on ABC. The Celtics are 2-point underdogs. The matchup has an over/under of 227.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Boston has taken six of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Brooklyn.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/5/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-9||223.5||-430||337||Regular Season||149-115 BOS|
|3/3/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-6.5||219||-277||223||Regular Season||129-120 BKN|
|11/29/2019||Celtics||Nets||-4.5||213||-205||170||Regular Season||112-107 BKN|
|11/27/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-8.5||213.5||-387||295||Regular Season||121-110 BOS|
|3/30/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-96 BKN|
|1/28/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-104 BOS|
|1/14/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-102 BKN|
|1/7/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-95 BOS|
|4/11/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-97 BOS|
|1/6/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||87-85 BOS|
Nets Betting Information
- Brooklyn was consistently inconsistent against the spread last season, posting a 38-38 record.
- The Nets posted a winning record of 16-13 against the spread when the spread was -2 or bigger.
- Brooklyn and its opponents hit the over 38 times in 76 contests last season.
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston had a 50-34-5 record against the spread, covering in 56.2% of their outings.
- When they were at least 2-point underdogs, the Celtics fared well, going 30-23-4 against the spread.
- In 44 out Boston’s 89 games last season, (49.4%) the teams combined to hit the over.
- In 33 of 76 outings (43.4%) last season, the Nets and their opponents combined for this matchup’s over/under of 227.5 points.
- Boston and its opponents combined to score more than 227.5 points in 26 of 89 games (29.2%) last year.
- The Nets and the Celtics combined to average 3.2 less points per game last year than the over/under of 227.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 7.6 less points per game last season (219.9) than this game’s total of 227.5 points.
- The average over/under the Nets had set in games last season was 3.0 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Celtics last season was 7.9 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Kyrie Irving averaged 27.4 points per game last season.
- Spencer Dinwiddie collected 6.8 assists per game and DeAndre Jordan grabbed 10.0 rebounds per contest.
- Irving connected on 2.8 threes per game a season ago.
- Irving collected 1.4 per game. Jarrett Allen averaged 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Jayson Tatum put up 23.4 points per game last season.
- Tristan Thompson pulled down 10.1 rebounds per game and Jeff Teague averaged 6.1 assists per game .
- Kemba Walker connected on 3.2 threes per game a season ago.
- Marcus Smart averaged 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Theis collected 1.3 blocks a game.
More Recent NBA News
- Portland Trail Blazers vs. Atlanta Hawks: 1/16/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Memphis Grizzlies: 1/15/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – POSTPONED
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Dallas Mavericks: 1/15/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Atlanta Hawks: 1/15/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Sacramento Kings 1/15/2021 Betting Preview: Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends