The Washington Wizards (1-5) visit the Brooklyn Nets (3-3) as 8.5-point favorites after Bradley Beal went off for 31 points in the Wizards’ 130-109 victory over the Timberwolves. The game airs on NBA TV at 6:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 242.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Brooklyn and Washington have split the last 10 games they’ve played. The Wizards have a 2-1 record against the spread when playing the Nets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/2/2020||Nets||Nets||-3.5||231.5||-170||142||Regular Season||118-110 BKN|
|2/26/2020||Nets||Wizards||-1.5||234||-125||105||Regular Season||110-106 WAS|
|2/1/2020||Nets||Wizards||-1.5||242.5||-124||104||Regular Season||113-107 WAS|
|2/27/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 WAS|
|12/14/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-118 BKN|
|12/1/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-88 WAS|
|11/16/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-104 BKN|
|1/13/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-113 WAS|
|12/22/2017||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-84 BKN|
|12/12/2017||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 BKN|
Nets Betting Information
- Brooklyn has struggled against the spread, going 2-4 on the year.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Nets have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Brooklyn has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 1 times in 6 contests (16.7%).
Wizards Betting Information
- Washington has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 2-4 ATS.
- In the majority of Washington’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (4 out of 6 games, 66.7%).
- In 250% of their opportunities this year (15 of six chances), the Nets and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 242 points.
- Washington has played in two games this season (out of six total matchups — 33.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 242 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.9 fewer points per game (235.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 242 points.
- The Nets and the Wizards have seen their opponents average a combined 10.2 less points per game than the point total of 242 set for this game.
- The Nets’ average point total in matchups this season is 229.2, 12.8 points below the total in this game.
- Wizards games this season have averaged a total of 237.8 points, 4.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Kevin Durant leads the Nets in scoring, putting up 28.2 points per game.
- Caris LeVert leads Brooklyn with 5.7 assists a game and Jarrett Allen paces the team with 10.7 rebounds per contest.
- Kyrie Irving connects on 3.8 threes per game to lead the Nets.
- Brooklyn’s blocks leader is DeAndre Jordan, who collects 1.7 per game. LeVert leads the team averaging 1.5 steals a contest.
- The Wizards go-to guy, Beal, leads the team in both scoring (31.2 points per game) and assists (4.7 assists per game).
- Thomas Bryant’s 5.5 rebounds per game paces Washington’s rebounding effort. He also adds 17.3 points per game.
- Davis Bertans leads the Wizards in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.2 made threes per game.
- Beal is at the top of Washington’s steals hierarchy with 1.7 steals per game and Bryant leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option