It’s no secret to any online betting fan that the New Orleans Pelicans basically made the playoffs because of Kevin Durant’s foot – and Serge Ibaka’s season-ending injury. With the Thunder just missing the postseason, the Pelicans were able to take the eighth and final spot – and then bowed out after the first round. Even though the Pelicans qualified for the tournament, head coach Monty Williams was shown the door in favor of Alvin Gentry.At the time, Williams’ firing was a bit of a surprise, because this was the first time he had led the Pelicans to the playoffs – and team owner Tom Benson had also sent letters of congratulation to the coaching staff. With Gentry coming in, though, it’s clear that the plan for the Pelicans is to speed the game up. This could be what sets center Anthony Davis free, given his incredible athleticism and ability to finish well above the rim.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?