Cleveland vs Chicago Game 5: NBA Odds Analysis
The Chicago Bulls are now on the brink of playoff elimination, but they have now played the Cavaliers often enough to know what it takes to beat them. One of the biggest mistakes they have made in the series so far is going into offensive lulls that let the Cavs off the hook. Despite entering Game 5 as favorites in the NBA odds, that is probably going to be at the forefront of their minds when they head back home to Chicago for Game 6 on Thursday night.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls Game 5: NBA Odds Analysis
Date/Time: Thursday, May 14th, 8:00 PM
United Center, Chicago, Illinois
The losses that the Bulls have taken during this series can pretty much be attributed to making the same mistakes over and over again. That said, they are also seeing the injuries begin to pile up, leaving them looking very thin on the frontcourt. In fairness, though, the Cavaliers are playing without Kevin Love, and have Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert both playing through injuries. If the Bulls are to be considered a serious championship contender, they should be able to take advantages of those weaknesses on the Cleveland side of the court. There is talk that Gasol will be back for the Bulls in Game 6, and if that is the case, expect to see this team get a much needed boost.
The Cavaliers took the momentum from their Game 4 buzzer-beater win and rode it all the way to victory in Game 5. LeBron James had the type of night that has made him such a must see commodity in the NBA, scoring 38 points and 12 rebounds, whilst also using his size and strength to shake of the coverage that Jimmy Butler has been blanketing him with throughout the series. You really got the sense that Butler was starting to look a little worn down from trying to guard James night in and night out. Little was expected from Kyrie Irving
in Game 5, as injury is still a concern, but he was able to score a pretty impressive 25 points on the night. In order to win Game 6, the Cavaliers are going to have to be a good deal tighter defensively, and find a way to limit those big scoring runs that the Bulls tend to get on during the course of a game.
Key Betting Trends:
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- Cleveland is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Cleveland is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games on the road
- Cleveland is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Chicago
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chicago
- Cleveland is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games when playing Chicago
- Cleveland is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- Cleveland is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- Chicago is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chicago is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
- Chicago is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Chicago is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games at home
- Chicago is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Cleveland
- Chicago is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games when playing Cleveland
- Chicago is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cleveland
- Chicago is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Cleveland
This is a series that always looked as though it was going to go the full 7 games, and I don’t see anything that would not make that happen. I just don’t see the Bulls losing a game this crucial at home, which means we will more than likely be looking forward to a Game 7 in Cleveland on Friday night.