Celtics are Slight NBA Betting Favorites for Game 5 Against the Cavs
We all love to sit around and talk about sports, and we all have an opinion of how things are going to turn out. Prior to the start of this year’s playoffs, many of us viewed the Boston Celtics as a false NBA betting favorite, simply because there was no way they were going to be able to consistently win without Kyrie Irving. We also thought that the Cavaliers were a pale shadow of the team they have been over the past 3 years and that there was no way LeBron James would be able to carry this group to another final.
It would appear that we were all wrong on both counts, as the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers are all set to go for Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final on Wednesday night in the Garden. The first 4 games of this series have gone the way of the home team, but after losing back to back games, the NBA odds favorite Boston Celtics head home carrying the most pressure. Can they stop LeBron and get the Cavaliers on the brink of elimination with a win here.
Cleveland vs. Boston NBA Betting Preview & Pick
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) 23 de mayo de 2018
- When: Wednesday, May 23 at 8:10 PM EST
- Where: TD Garden, Boston
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Odds: Boston Celtics -1 (Over/Under at 206.5 points)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Score: Cleveland Cavaliers 107.00 / Boston Celtics 101.50
- Field Goal Percentage: Cleveland Cavaliers 47.52 / Boston Celtics 43.49
- Rebounds: Cleveland Cavaliers 43.70 / Boston Celtics 41.20
- 3 Point Shots: Cleveland Cavaliers 113-300 / Boston Celtics 105-318
- Steals: Cleveland Cavaliers 6.00 / Boston Celtics 7.40
Why bet on the Cleveland Cavaliers?
After the opening two games in Boston, it looked as though the Cavaliers were in trouble, but there is a reason why these series are the best of 7 games. Cleveland looked like a different team in their own building, winning Games 3 and 4 in rather comfortable fashion, with LeBron James once again pulling all the strings. While those wins got the Cavs right back into this series, they still need to find a way to get a win in Boston if they are to move on to their 4th straight NBA Finals.
The Cavaliers have gone 5-3 on the road during this playoff run, but let’s not forget that they were just 1 game over .500 on the road during the regular season. This is a team that is definitely a whole lot better when playing in front of their own fans.
- Total Score: 109.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.41
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.66
- Total Rebounds: 41.76
- Total Score: 108.65
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.58
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.45
- Total Rebounds: 43.13
Why bet on the Boston Celtics?
The Celtics need to be a little disappointed that they were not able to get the split in Cleveland, especially after looking so good in the opening two games of the series. Despite this series now being tied at 2-2, the task for the Celtics remains very simply, which is that they just need to hold serve in their own building. It is something that they have done to perfection to this point, as they are a 9-0 in home games played throughout these playoffs.
This should not really come as a major surprise given that Boston was 27-14 in the Garden during the regular season. During the course of the regular season, these two met in Boston twice, with the end result being a split. The Celtics need to avoid that in their final two home games of the series if they are to move on.
- Total Score: 103.89
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.94
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.26
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.09
- Total Rebounds: 44.08
- Total Score: 100.70
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.96
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.84
- Total Rebounds: 43.71
Latest NBA Betting Trends for Eastern Conference Finals Game 5
- Cavaliers are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games when playing on the road against Boston
- Cavaliers are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Celtics are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games
- Celtics are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Boston’s last 23 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The tide turned in a big way in this series with the games in Cleveland, but I have a feeling that we have not seen the final twist in this tale. I like the Boston Celtics to win again at home in a close one.
Score: Cleveland Cavaliers 101 – Boston Celtics 104