Veteran point guard Chris Paul and the rest of the Los Angeles Clippers will look to pull off a repeat performance of their surprising Game 4 win over the San Antonio Spurs when the two Western Conference title contenders square off in their Game 5 showdown tonight. Better yet, MyBookie.ag online betting fans everywhere will have a great opportunity to cash in with a potentially winning wager thanks to this expert betting breakdown.
The Clippers ad CP3 both bounced back from their humbling 100-73 Game 3 home loss to San Antonio on Sunday. After scoring just seven points in his previous game, Paul scored a game-high 34 points on 11-of-19 shooting in Game 4, although it was little-used backup Austin Rivers that may have saved the Clippers’ season with a stunning 16-point effort off the bench.
Now in his third year, the often-maligned son of head coach Doc Rivers, commented on his performance afterward.
“This is something I know I can do,” Rivers told reporters. “It wasn’t a surprise for me. Obviously it is to you guys but I’ve been working so hard and this team has been working so hard.”
All-star power forward Blake Griffin added 20 points and 19 rebounds in the win.
The Clippers regained home-court advantage in the series, but the Spurs don’t seem very worried according to Hall of Fame-bound power forward Tim Duncan.
“It’s on the road, it’s on their home court,” Duncan told reporters. “It’s good for them obviously but we’ve won there before. We know how to win on the road.”
The Spurs got a team-high 26 points from Kawhi Leonard in the loss with Duncan adding 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting and Tony Parker chipping in 18 points.
San Antonio head coach Gregg Popovich was disappointed with his team’s effort in Game 4 and did not hide his feelings afterward.
“We didn’t execute sharply enough in what we wanted to do strategy-wise or just in general basketball play. I’m just more disappointed in the lack of focus than anything else, and not being as sharp in a lot of situations.”
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview