The Minnesota Timberwolves (2-3) are 8.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Denver Nuggets (1-4) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Target Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-N. The matchup has an over/under set at 230 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Denver has come out on top in nine of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Minnesota. The Timberwolves have a 3-1 edge against the spread when taking on the Nuggets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-14||221.5||-1497||900||Regular Season||128-116 DEN|
|1/20/2020||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-3.5||221||-159||134||Regular Season||107-100 DEN|
|12/20/2019||Nuggets||Nuggets||-10.5||216.5||-635||473||Regular Season||109-100 DEN|
|11/10/2019||Nuggets||Timberwolves||-4||218.5||-167||138||Regular Season||100-98 DEN|
|4/10/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-95 DEN|
|3/12/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-107 DEN|
|2/2/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-106 DEN|
|11/21/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-101 DEN|
|4/11/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-106 MIN|
|4/5/2018||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-96 DEN|
Nuggets Betting Information
- Denver has struggled against the spread, going 1-4 on the year.
- In 4 of 5 (80%) contests this season, Denver and its opponents have hit the total.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 2-3 ATS (covering just 40% of the time).
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 20% of matchups this year (1 out of 5 opportunities).
- The Nuggets and their opponents have combined for 230 points — this matchup’s point total — in 26 of five games (520%) this season.
- Minnesota has played in one games this season (out of five total matchups — 20% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 230 points.
- The two teams average a combined 10 less points per game (220) than this matchup’s over/under of 230 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 236 points per game, six more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total in Nuggets games this year is 1.8 more points than the total of 230 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is 5.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Nikola Jokic leads the Nuggets in scoring (23.0 points per game), rebounding (11.2 per game) and assisting (13.0 per game).
- Paul Millsap is the top three-point shooter for the Nuggets, knocking down 1.4 per game.
- Denver’s steals leader is Jokic, who grabs 1.4 per game. PJ Dozier leads the team averaging 1.0 block an outing.
- The Timberwolves leader in scoring is Malik Beasley with 17.8 points per game. He also adds 4.4 rebounds per game and 0.8 assists per game.
- Jarrett Culver (6.4 rebounds per game) and Ricky Rubio (4.6 assists per game) are the Minnesota leaders in rebounds and assists.
- D’Angelo Russell makes more threes per game than any other member of the Timberwolves, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- Minnesota’s Rubio has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Naz Reid is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.