The Denver Nuggets (16-14) will look to Nikola Jokic (eighth in the league scoring 26.6 points per game) when they try to hold off Damian Lillard (second in the NBA with 29.8 PPG) and the Portland Trail Blazers (18-12 on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at Ball Arena. The Nuggets are 8-point home favorites in the game, which tips off at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The matchup has an over/under of 231.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Denver and Portland have each won five of their last 10 head-to-head matchups. The Nuggets have a 3-1 record against the spread when taking on the Trail Blazers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/6/2020||Trail Blazers||Nuggets||-4.5||229.5||-200||165||Regular Season||125-115 POR|
|2/4/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-4.5||225.5||-190||158||Regular Season||127-99 DEN|
|12/12/2019||Nuggets||Nuggets||-7.5||216.5||-313||246||Regular Season||114-99 DEN|
|10/23/2019||Nuggets||Trail Blazers||-1.5||217.5||-116||-103||Regular Season||108-100 DEN|
|5/9/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||119-108 POR|
|5/5/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||116-112 DEN|
|5/3/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Playoffs||140-137 POR|
Nuggets Betting Information
- Denver has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 13-17 record.
- The Nuggets fare well when favored by at least 8 points, posting a 4-3 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Denver and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 20 of 30 chances this season.
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has a 16-14 record against the spread, covering in 53.3% of their games.
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Trail Blazers have a record ATS of 1-2.
- Portland has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 56.7% of matchups this season (17 out of 30 chances).
- The Nuggets and their opponents have combined to score more than 231 points in 46.7% of their outings this year (14 of 30 opportunities).
- Portland and its opponents have combined to score more than 231 points in 14 of 30 outings (46.7%) this year.
- The Nuggets and the Trail Blazers combine to average 0.4 fewer points per game than the total of 231 set for this matchup.
- The Nuggets and the Trail Blazers have seen their opponents average a combined 3.4 less points per game than the over/under of 231 set in this outing.
- The average total the Nuggets have had set in games this year is 3.7 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Trail Blazers this year is 0.1 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Jokic leads the Nuggets in points, rebounds and assists. He contributes 26.6 points per game while tacking on 11.2 rebounds and 8.5 assists.
- Jamal Murray hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the Nuggets.
- Denver’s steals leader is Jokic, who collects 1.7 per game. Michael Porter Jr. leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks a contest.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard holds the top spot on the Trail Blazers scoring and assist lists, putting up 29.8 points and 7.9 assists per game.
- Enes Kanter’s 11.2 rebounds per game paces Portland’s rebounding effort. He also adds 11.5 points per game.
- CJ McCollum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Trail Blazers, cashing in 4.8 treys per game.
- One Portland player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Robert Covington averages 1.6 steals per game and 1.1 blocks per game.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option