The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to buy out point guard Deron Williams so that he can sign with the Dallas Mavericks. The Nets want to dump both Williams and Joe Johnson before the 2015-2016 NBA betting season. Williams was owed $43.3 million over the next two years, and a buyout was the Nets’ preference as opposed to simply releasing the guard. The stretch provision would have allowed the team to spread his cap impact over the next five seasons, but the team has not wanted to do that.“I don’t think it was just, ‘he had to go.’ … I think it was just where we are as an organization,” Nets general manager Billy King said Saturday. “We’re not in the same place we were before, so it was a chance to reshuffle the deck.”
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?