There were some genuine concerns coming into the NBA Finals that we were in for a total mismatch, as it’s a given that the Western Conference is vastly superior to the East. As good as Cleveland looked getting to the Finals, they did not really have to play any teams that were close to the caliber of the Warriors. Game 1 turned out to be a genuine surprise, though, as both teams went back and forth to take the game to OT, with the Warriors eventually running out 108-100 winners. NBA betting on Game 2 is set to go on once again in Oakland on Sunday night.
If the Cavaliers are to win this thing, they are going to need LeBron James to take over. He certainly gave it his best shot in Game 1, scoring 44 points and 6 assist, as well as chipping in 8 rebounds for good measure. To put that in perspective, his totals were almost as good as what the Splash Brothers, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, delivered combined. It did look for a while as though the Cavaliers were going to steal one on the road, which they are going to have to do to win this series, but the Warriors eventually started to pull away in the final 5 minutes of OT. It’s going to be interesting to see how the Cavaliers rebound from this loss. Are they going to take heart from the fact that they were incredibly competitive in a building that is very tough to win in, or is the OT loss going to be taken like a dagger to the heart?
While the numbers that LeBron put up might suggest that he was poorly defended all night, the fact of the matter is that Andre Iguodala was able to contain him pretty well when it came to crunch time. Iguodala was huge coming off the bench, adding 15 points and defending like a champ. Stephen Curry actually had the chance to end things in regulation, as it looked as though he was going in for a routine layup. That attempt was blocked by Kyrie Irving, but you have to wonder at what cost. Irving, who has had a nagging injury for a while now, limped off the court during OT, and you have to wonder what his status will be for Game 2.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 12th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – November 5th Edition
- Timberwolves vs Warriors NBA Odds & Expert Pick for Friday Night
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 29th Edition
- Top NBA Betting Picks of the Week – October 22nd Edition
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview