Game 3 NBA Betting Preview & Pick: Toronto at Washington
No matter the sport, there are some teams who we expect to see succeed, while there are others who have made a habit of failing when the going gets tough in the playoffs. In football, the Kansas City Chiefs have been the team we expect to lose at playoff time, while the Washington Capitals have mastered playoff failure in hockey. In the NBA, everyone was looking at the Toronto Raptors as one of the best teams most likely to fail this postseason, simply because they do not have the playoff pedigree of some others taking part this year, but they have become one of the NBA betting favorites to win it all.
They are heading to Washington for Game 3 holding on to a 2-0 series lead after winning both of their home games in this first-round series. The goal now will be to go on the road and at least pick up a split, but things are a little different for the Wizards, just as the NBA odds suggest. They need to turn their home court into a serious advantage if they want to haul themselves back into this series.
Raptors vs. Wizards Game 3 NBA Betting Preview & Pick
It’s @BMO Raptors Game Day!
Time to go to battle on the road tonight in D.C. #WeTheNorth
— Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) 20 de abril de 2018
- When: Friday, April 20 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Capital One Arena, Washington
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Odds: Washington Wizards -1 (Over/Under at 218 points)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Toronto Raptors lead 7-3
- Score: Toronto Raptors 109.00 / Washington Wizards 104.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Toronto Raptors 46.50 / Washington Wizards 48.05
- Rebounds: Toronto Raptors 40.90 / Washington Wizards 41.60
- 3 Point Shots: Toronto Raptors 85-219 / Washington Wizards 105-289
- Steals: Toronto Raptors 7.30 / Washington Wizards 7.80
Why bet on the Toronto Raptors?
The Toronto Raptors players and coaching staff were all probably well aware of the chatter by fans and pundits that suggested they may be out in the opening round. It may help explain some of the nerves they showed in Game 1, as they struggled early and needed to rely on their bench players to come in and pull out the win in the second half of that game.
There were no such issues in Game 2, though, as the Raptors bossed the game from the opening tip, led by DeMar DeRozan who chipped in 37 points in a 130-119 win that was perhaps even more comfortable than the final score suggests. The question now is whether Toronto can sustain their momentum on the road. They split their regular season series this season, and the Raptors would likely settle for the same over the next 2 games in this series.
- Total Score: 111.90
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.31
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.97
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.49
- Total Rebounds: 43.95
- Total Score: 104.10
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.97
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.96
- Total Rebounds: 42.21
Why bet on the Washington Wizards?
The Wizards ended the regular season in a funk, going just 3-7 in their last 10 games, a run that dropped them down to the lowest seed in the Eastern Conference. While this team certainly showed a lot of fighting spirit in Game 1 of this series, they were dead and gone early on in the second game, trailing 44-27 after the opening quarter. The Wizards need some sort of lift and will hope that heading into their own building, where they went 23-18 this season, will give them that boost.
This team will go as John Wall does, and the big man has certainly done his best in the opening two games, landing on top of the scoring charts for the Wizards in Game 1 and 2, scoring 23 and 29 points, respectively. His supporting cast is going to need to deliver more if the Wizards are to get back in this series.
- Total Score: 106.75
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.74
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.56
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.46
- Total Rebounds: 42.85
- Total Score: 106.40
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.39
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.15
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.21
- Total Rebounds: 42.45
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Raptors are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Raptors are 5-10-1 ATS in their last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Wizards are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Wizards are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 8 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This is essentially a must-win game for the Wizards, as going 3-0 down to a team growing in confidence is a hole that might be too deep to get out of. I think the Raptors can get the steal, especially when you consider that they have won in 8 of their last 9 trips to Washington.
Score: Toronto Raptors 112 – Washington Wizards 108