Golden State at New Orleans Game 3 Info & NBA Betting Pick
With the way the NBA regular season went down, there was a reason to believe that we may see a changing of the guard in the balance of power. The NBA Finals have been dominated by the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors in recent years, but with neither team able to win their respective conferences, the feeling was that this might be the year when their stranglehold came to an end. There is still a lot of basketball to be played before we get to the Finals, but there is starting to be a feeling of inevitability that it may be those two teams again who end dominating the odds to win it the 2018 NBA championship.
The Golden State Warriors blew through the opening round without even needing the services of Stephen Curry, and they have now already established a 2-0 lead in their Round 2 series with the New Orleans Pelicans. The series now shifts to the Big Easy for a pair of games, but you need to wonder if home court advantage will even matter when you consider that this will be the game where Curry makes his return to the starting line-up.
Warriors vs. Pelicans Game 3 Info & NBA Betting Pick
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) 4 de mayo de 2018
- When: Friday, May 4 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Betting Odds: Golden State Warriors -220 (Over/Under at 232 points)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Golden State Warriors lead 9-1
- Score: Golden State Warriors 120.10 / New Orleans Pelicans 110.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Golden State Warriors 48.91 / New Orleans Pelicans 47.46
- Rebounds: Golden State Warriors 46.30 / New Orleans Pelicans 43.20
- 3 Point Shots: Golden State Warriors 132-334 / New Orleans Pelicans 106-291
- Steals: Golden State Warriors 8.00 / New Orleans Pelicans 8.60
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?
The Golden State Warriors have now played 6 total playoff games against the New Orleans Pelicans since 2015, and they have won all 6. They also won 3 of 4 against New Orleans in the regular season, with the lone game that the Pelicans won at the end of the season snapping a 10 game winning streak that the Warriors had built in regular season games versus the Pelicans. In short, the Golden State Warriors have won an awful lot of games against their second-round opponent over the years, which makes you believe that this may turn out to be a very short series.
The Warriors won the opening two games of this series in rather comfortable fashion, and now that Curry is back in the starting line-up, you feel that they can take things up another notch, which is not great news for the Pelicans.
Why bet on the New Orleans Pelicans?
This is a team that can boast a legitimate superstar in Anthony Davis, and they now feel like a team on the brink of something bigger, just not this season. Getting into the playoffs and taking an opening-round series was a nice step forward, but you still feel that they need a piece or two more to complement Davis before they can make real progress. The Pelicans were a solid 24-17 at home, suggesting they may be able to steal one of the next two games, but they still look seriously overmatched, and that has been without facing Curry for any real length of time.
New Orleans gave up over 110 PPG in the regular season, and are not what you would call defensively strong. That is probably going to come back and haunt them in a series against one of the best offensive teams in the league.
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- New Orleans is 50-37 ATS in all games this season
- New Orleans is 1-16 SU in its last 17 games when playing Golden State
- Golden State is 7-6 against the spread versus New Orleans over the last 3 seasons
- Golden State is 12-1 straight up against New Orleans over the last 3 seasons
- 10 of 13 games in this series have gone Over the Total over the last 3 seasons
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Even if the Pelicans get the win here, you get the sense that they would just be delaying the inevitable. I think this one will be closer, but I still like the Warriors to win.
Score: Golden State Warriors 115 – New Orleans Pelicans 113