With such a long regular season in the NBA, it isn’t really much of a surprise anymore to see the better teams in the league start to pull away from the pack as the season progresses. The cream has a way of rising to the top, as the better teams tend to have a deeper bench that can carry them through the portions of the season where fatigue starts to become an issue. We are seeing this separation start to happen in the Western Conference, with the Golden State Warriors beginning to open up at the top.
Things are a little tighter in the Eastern Conference, where Milwaukee and Toronto are engaged in a real battle for top spot. We should not overlook the Indiana Pacers in 3rd, though, as they are still very much within striking distance of the top two. The Pavers will be looking to keep the pressure on when they welcome in the Charlotte Hornets on Monday night. Indiana is the clear home favorites for this one, with the bookies putting them on the board at -5. The point total is set at 215 ½.
Hornets vs Pacers NBA Betting Lines & Analysis
“There’s been a lot going on from getting traded, put on waivers and figuring out a right situation and a great team to come to… I’m excited to be here and getting ready to play tonight.” – @ShelvinMackWatch JB and Marvin’s interviews now at https://t.co/BzkRIrrehy!! pic.twitter.com/hbWHYmUElh— Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) 11 de febrero de 2019
- When: Monday, February 11 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: NBA TV
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Indiana Pacers -5 (Total 215.5)
Why bet on the Charlotte Hornets?
The Hornets are coming into this one a game below .500 on the season, but that record is good enough to have them sitting in the #7 seed in the Eastern Conference, albeit a full 9 ½ games back of the Pacers in the #3 slot. Given how things are going in the East this season, a sub-.500 record might just get the job done in terms of a playoff spot, and it’s fair to suggest that Charlotte is not doing enough to get above that mark, going 5-5 in their last 10 games.
That is, in fact, the exact same record that the Hornets have posted against Indiana in their last 10 meetings, although they are just 1-4 SU and ATS in games played in Indiana. The Hornets are 8-19 SU on the road this season and 9-11 ATS as a road underdog.
- Total Score: 111.55
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.29
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.78
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.77
- Total Rebounds: 44.35
- Total Score: 111.22
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.62
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.36
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.33
- Total Rebounds: 45.56
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?
The Indiana Pacers are sitting 4 ½ games back of the pace being set by the Milwaukee Bucks at the top of the Eastern Conference, but they are proving that they are in this race for the long haul. The Pacers are doing a good job of keeping the pressure on the top two and are coming into this week on an impressive 5 game winning streak, a run that has also seem them cover the spread in 4 of those 5 games.
This has been a very good year for Indiana to this point, and it will continue to be so if they can maintain their great play in their own building, where they have gone 21-7. While they have been routinely winning at home, covering the spread has not come so easy. The Pacers are 12-11 ATS as a home favorite.
- Total Score: 108.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.29
- Total Rebounds: 43.50
- Total Score: 103.07
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.77
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.84
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.18
- Total Rebounds: 42.57
Hornets vs Pacers NBA Betting Trends
- Charlotte is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
- Charlotte is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Charlotte’s last 18 games on the road
- Indiana is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Indiana is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Indiana’s last 8 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
The reality here is that the Pacers are on a solid run of form, and when you combine that with a stellar home record, you get a team that the Hornets are likely going to struggle against.
Score: Charlotte Hornets 101 – Indiana Pacers 111