A game after he scored 34 points in a 124-111 loss to the Nuggets, James Harden leads the Houston Rockets (0-2) at home against the Sacramento Kings (3-1) on Thursday, December 31, 2020. The Rockets are favored by 4.5 points in the matchup, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The matchup’s over/under is 229.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Houston has won eight of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Sacramento. The Rockets also have a 2-1 record against the spread when playing the Kings.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/9/2020||Rockets||Kings||-4.5||235.5||-194||161||Regular Season||129-112 HOU|
|12/23/2019||Rockets||Kings||-6||230||-244||195||Regular Season||113-104 HOU|
|12/9/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-12||225.5||-839||592||Regular Season||119-118 SAC|
|4/2/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-105 HOU|
|3/30/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-108 HOU|
|2/6/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-101 HOU|
|11/17/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-112 HOU|
|4/11/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-83 SAC|
|2/14/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-91 HOU|
|10/18/2017||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 HOU|
Rockets Betting Information
- Houston covered in just 37 of 83 matchups last season.
- The Rockets struggled to cover, going just 22-26 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Houston more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 32 times in 83 contests (38.6%).
Kings Betting Information
- Sacramento had a 37-33-2 record against the spread, covering in 51.4% of their contests.
- The Kings fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 5-8 against the spread when they were at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Sacramento combined with its opponents to hit the over in 52.8% of matchups last year (38 out of 72 opportunities).
- The Rockets and their opponents combined to record more than 229 points in 47.6% of their games last season (40 of 84 opportunities).
- Sacramento and its opponents combined to score more than 229 points in 40.3% of their matchups last year (29 of 72 chances).
- The two teams averaged a combined 2.5 fewer points per game last season (226.5) than this game’s over/under of 229 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 3.2 fewer points per game last season (225.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 229 points.
- The average total the Rockets had set in matchups last season was 1.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Kings games last season averaged an over/under of 222.2 points, 6.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Harden racked up 34.3 points per game last season and recorded 7.5 assists.
- PJ Tucker pulled down 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden connected on 4.4 threes per game a season ago.
- Harden collected 1.8 per game. Christian Wood averaged 0.9 blocks a contest.
- De’Aaron Fox racked up 21.1 points per game last season and recorded 6.8 assists.
- Hassan Whiteside pulled down 13.5 rebounds per game.
- Buddy Hield was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 3.8 per game.
- Fox averaged 1.5 steals per game. Whiteside collected 2.9 blocks a contest.