NBA Lines & Game 2 Preview: Utah at Oklahoma
A playoff series I not won or lost in the opening game, but it can be argued that the second game in the series can have a major impact on how things play out. If the home team can win their opening two games, they take a real stranglehold on the series. If, on the other hand, the road team can win Game 2 after losing the opener, they steal away home court advantage and head back to their won building carrying all the momentum. Those are the scenarios that we are looking at for this series, which is one that I think could very well go the distance, no matter what the NBA lines might say.
These two teams finished the season with identical records, although the Thunder have dominated the Jazz in the last 3 years, winning 10 of the 12 meetings that they have had during that time. Things tend to be a little different in the postseason, and with Game 1 being close, it’s fair to suggest that the Jazz might just find a way to get that important win in Game 2 despite coming in as the NBA odds underdog.
Jazz vs. Thunder NBA Lines & Game 2 Preview
“If we get open threes and I don’t score a point, I don’t really care…”
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) 17 de abril de 2018
- When: Wednesday, April 18 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder -190 (Over/Under at 208 Points)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Oklahoma City Thunder lead 8-2
- Score: Utah Jazz 97.10 / Oklahoma City Thunder 103.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Utah Jazz 46.89 / Oklahoma City Thunder 46.43
- Rebounds: Utah Jazz 42.30 / Oklahoma City Thunder 37.80
- 3 Point Shots: Utah Jazz 93-238 / Oklahoma City Thunder 85-255
- Steals: Utah Jazz 9.20 / Oklahoma City Thunder 8.50
Why bet on the Utah Jazz NBA Lines?
The Utah Jazz was in Game 1 all the way to the finish, eventually going down 116-108, but they have bigger issues than just being down 1-0 in the series. If you count the loss they took in the opener, the Jazz has now lost 15 straight games in Oklahoma City.
The law of averages suggests that they need to win one there eventually, and they are going to need to find a way to break that losing streak if they are to move on to the next round. The Jazz was fantastic at home in the regular season, going 28-13 in their own building, which is why stealing home-court advantage needs to be considered a must heading into this pivotal game in the series. Again, getting that win is going to be easier said than done. Besides their losing streak in OKC, the Jaz also finished a game below .500 on the road in the regular season.
- Total Score: 104.19
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.20
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.61
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.83
- Total Rebounds: 43.22
- Total Score: 100.04
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.98
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.67
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.22
- Total Rebounds: 41.65
Why bet on the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Lines?
You look at the numbers posted by both teams in Game 1 and you see an awful lot of similarities. The one glaring difference was what they did from 3-point range, with the Thunder hitting 48% of their long-distance shots as compared to the 39% posted by the Jazz. One of the milder surprises from the opening game was that Russell Westbrook was not the player dominating the scoring for the Thunder.
That distinction went to Paul George, who was magnificent in racking up 36 points. If he can continue to put out those types of numbers on top of what Westbrook delivers, this could be a very dangerous team in the postseason. The Thunder will be looking to take their home win streak against the Jazz to 16 games with a win here.
- Total Score: 107.95
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.52
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.55
- Total Rebounds: 45.02
- Total Score: 104.48
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.87
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.75
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.80
- Total Rebounds: 42.19
NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Oklahoma City is 8-4 against the spread versus Utah over the last 3 seasons
- Oklahoma City is 11-2 straight up against Utah over the last 3 seasons
- Utah is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) versus good offensive teams – scoring 106+ points/game – 2nd half of the season this year
- 9 of 13 games in this series have gone Under the Total over the last 3 seasons
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I think all the games in this series are going to be close, as these two teams are very evenly matched. While it will be close, it’s tough to ignore the winning run that OKC has had over the Jazz. I am taking the Thunder to go up 2-0 in the series with the win.
Score: Utah Jazz 102 – Oklahoma City Thunder 106