As expected, the Cleveland Cavaliers won the first two games of their opening round series versus the Boston Celtics, and will be looking to wrap things up in Boston. Despite those wins, the first two games have been more competitive than the final scores may suggest. In both games, the Celtics have had leads, only to see them wiped out in the fourth quarter with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving doing the majority of the damage. Can Boston win Game 3 in this series? This online betting analysis says yes.
There can be no denying that the Cavs have more talent and a much deeper bench than the Celtics, but there is something of a trend starting to develop here, and that is that Cleveland is putting all their scoring eggs in a couple of baskets. Boston had no less than five players scoring in the double digits during Game 2, but they are going to also have to look at winning the rebounding battle if they want to get back into this series.
That is something they were able to do in the second game, winning the offensive rebounding battle 13-12 after being pretty much dominated in that regard in Game 1. The same cannot be said on the defensive side of the ball, though, as Cleveland still hold a pretty decent lead in total rebounding over the two games. Both games have had a bit of a rollercoaster feel to them, with the Celtics starting fast, only to be overhauled by the Cavs, who then hold on as Boston charges late.
What that shows is that the Celtics are not a team about to roll over and play dead, and you can bet that they will get an additional boost by playing in front of their home crowd. Boston has yet to put together a complete game over the first two outings, and that is exactly what they are going to have to do if they hope to get back into this one.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- 2018 NBA Western Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Odds to Win & Predictions
- Top NBA Betting Matchups and Picks for Opening Week 2018
- Final NBA Betting Predictions for the 2018 Season
- 2019 NBA Finals Possible Matchups
- Kawhi Leonard is Now a Toronto Raptor
- 2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Still Massive Favorite
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Update: The King Lands in La La Land
- 2018 NBA Free Agency Predictions: Who Ends Up a Laker?
- 2018 NBA Off-Season Update: Kawhi Wants Out and LeBron’s List
- NBA Odds & Early Predictions for 2019 Championship
- Can Cleveland Upset Golden State for 2018 Finals Game 4?
- 2018 Finals Preview: Warriors at Cavaliers Game 3 NBA
- 2018 NBA Finals Betting Preview: Cavaliers at Warriors Game 2
- 2018 Finals Preview for Game 1: Cavaliers vs Warriors
- 2018 NBA Championship Betting Analysis: Where to Put Your Money
- 2018 NBA Finals Odds, Game Times & TV Schedule
- NBA Odds & Prediction for Rockets vs. Warriors Game 6
- NBA Betting Pick for ECF Game 6: Boston at Cleveland
- Warriors at Rockets Game 5 NBA Odds & Betting Preview
- Celtics Slight NBA Favorites for Game 5 Against Cavs
- 2018 Playoffs Prediction: Rockets at Warriors NBA Game 4 Pick
- Updated NBA Championship Odds – May 21st Edition
- Celtics at Cavaliers NBA Odds & Game 4 Info – May 21
- 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 NBA: Celtics vs. Cavs