The New Orleans Pelicans (4-5) are 6-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Clippers (7-4) on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at Staples Center. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under of 220.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Los Angeles and New Orleans have a tied 5-5 record.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/1/2020||Clippers||Clippers||-5||233||-211||175||Regular Season||126-103 LAC|
|1/18/2020||Clippers||Pelicans||-5.5||235.5||-245||195||Regular Season||133-130 LAC|
|11/24/2019||Clippers||Clippers||-12.5||233.5||-1030||684||Regular Season||134-109 LAC|
|11/14/2019||Clippers||Pelicans||-4||233||-170||141||Regular Season||132-127 NO|
|1/14/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-117 NO|
|12/3/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-126 LAC|
|10/23/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-109 NO|
|4/9/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-100 NO|
|3/6/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-116 NO|
|1/28/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 LAC|
Clippers Betting Information
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has been strong this season, posting a 6-5 record.
- The Clippers have posted a losing record of 1-3 against the spread when the spread is -6 or higher.
- In 6 of 11 (54.5%) contests this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over.
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 3-6 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Pelicans have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44.4% of matchups this season (4 out of 9 opportunities).
- In 390.9% of their games this year (43 of 11 chances), the Clippers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 220.5 points.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score at least 220.5 points in 44.4% of their games this season (four of nine chances).
- The Clippers and the Pelicans combine to average 1.6 fewer points per game than the total of 220.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 less points per game (217.4) than this matchup’s total of 220.5 points.
- The average point total in Clippers games this season is 2.1 more points than the over/under of 220.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Pelicans this season is 6.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
- Paul George leads the Clippers in scoring, putting up 25.0 points per game.
- Kawhi Leonard leads Los Angeles with 5.7 assists a game and Serge Ibaka paces the team with 6.8 rebounds per outing.
- George is the top three-point shooter for the Clippers, connecting on 4.2 per game.
- Leonard leads the team with 2.0 steals per game. Ibaka collects 1.1 blocks a contest to pace Los Angeles.
- Brandon Ingram’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Pelicans scoring and assists leaderboards with 24.0 points per game and 5.8 assists per game.
- Steven Adams’ 8.9 rebounds per game paces New Orleans’ rebounding effort. He also adds 10.3 points per game.
- Lonzo Ball leads the Pelicans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.2 made threes per game.
- One New Orleans player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Adams averages 1.6 steals per game and 0.9 blocks per game.