The Los Angeles Lakers (0-1) host the Dallas Mavericks (0-0) for a Christmas Day showdown at Staples Center, tipping at 8:00 PM ET on ABC. The Mavericks are 6-point underdogs. The matchup’s point total is 229.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Los Angeles has an 8-2 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with Dallas. The Lakers also have a 3-1 edge against the spread when facing off with the Mavericks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-2.5||222.5||-133||111||Regular Season||129-114 LAL|
|12/29/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-5||224.5||-210||172||Regular Season||108-95 LAL|
|12/1/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-7||222.5||-278||223||Regular Season||114-100 DAL|
|11/1/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-1||218.5||-109||-110||Regular Season||119-110 LAL|
|1/7/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-97 LAL|
|11/30/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-103 LAL|
|10/31/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-113 LAL|
|3/28/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-93 LAL|
|2/23/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-102 LAL|
|2/10/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-123 DAL|
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles was good against the spread last season, posting a 47-43-2 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Lakers struggled to a 24-27-2 record ATS last season.
- Los Angeles more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 44 times in 92 contests (47.8%).
Mavericks Betting Information
- Dallas covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 38-39-3 ATS.
- When they were at least 6-point underdogs, the Mavericks had a record ATS of 10-14-1.
- Dallas combined with its opponents to hit the over in 61.2% of matchups last season (49 out of 80 contests).
- The Lakers and their opponents combined to score more than 229.5 points in 29.3% of their outings last season (27 of 92 opportunities).
- Dallas and its opponents combined to score more than 229.5 points in 46.9% of their games last season (38 of 81 opportunities).
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 9.1 fewer points per game last season (220.4) than this game’s total of 229.5 points.
- The average point total in Lakers games last season was 8.9 less points than the total of 229.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Mavericks games last season was 0.7 more points than the point total of 229.5 in this outing.
- Anthony Davis averaged 26.1 points per game last season while tacking on 9.3 rebounds.
- LeBron James notched 10.2 assists per game.
- James had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 2.2 shots from deep per game.
- Davis racked up 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Luka Doncic contributed 28.8 points per game last season while also adding 8.8 assists.
- Kristaps Porzingis grabbed 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 2.9 per game.
- Willie Cauley-Stein nicked 1.1 steals per game. Porzingis collected 2.0 blocks a contest.
More Recent NBA News
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option