The Los Angeles Lakers (8-3) are favored (by 4.5 points) to extend a five-game road winning streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (3-5) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is 222.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Los Angeles has a 7-3 record against Houston. The Lakers also have a 6-3 advantage against the spread when squaring off against the Rockets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2021||Lakers||Rockets||-4||224||-180||149||Regular Season||120-102 LAL|
|8/6/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-3.5||227.5||-162||134||Regular Season||113-97 HOU|
|2/6/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-6||239.5||-251||206||Regular Season||121-111 HOU|
|1/18/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-2.5||235.5||-140||118||Regular Season||124-115 LAL|
|2/21/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 LAL|
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles has struggled against the spread, going 5-6 on the year.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Lakers have struggled to a 4-5 record ATS this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 4 of 11 games this season (36.4%).
Rockets Betting Information
- Houston has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 3-5 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Rockets have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Houston’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 8 games, 37.5%).
- The Lakers and their opponents have combined to score more than 222.5 points in 390.9% of their games this year (43 of 11 opportunities).
- In three of eight games (37.5%) this year, Houston has combined with its opponents to score at least 222.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 227.3 points per game, 4.8 more points than the total of 222.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.5 fewer points per game (219) than this matchup’s over/under of 222.5 points.
- The average point total in Lakers games this season is 1.9 less points than the over/under of 222.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Rockets this season is 3.0 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He puts up 24.0 points per game while adding 7.7 assists.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who averages 8.6 per game.
- James is the top three-point shooter for the Lakers, knocking down 2.1 per game.
- Davis leads Los Angeles in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals per game.
- The Rockets go-to guy, James Harden, leads the team in both scoring (26.0 points per game) and assists (11.0 assists per game).
- Christian Wood collects all of the boards and is the Houston leader in rebounds, pulling down 9.7 per game.
- Harden is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, hitting 3.4 threes per game.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than John Wall (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.9 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- Utah Jazz vs. New York Knicks: 1/26/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- NBA 2021 Week 6 Games to Must Bet On
- Indiana Pacers vs. Toronto Raptors: 1/25/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat: 1/25/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/25/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview