The Los Angeles Lakers (0-0) host the Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) in a matchup of Pacific Division teams at Staples Center, starting at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 22, 2020. The Lakers are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total is 222.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Los Angeles and Los Angeles have split the last 10 games they’ve played. The Clippers have an advantage against the spread (3-1) when taking the court against the Lakers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|7/30/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-3||182||-156||129||Regular Season||103-101 LAL|
|3/8/2020||Clippers||Clippers||-2.5||226.5||-138||116||Regular Season||112-103 LAL|
|12/25/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-2||223.5||-129||109||Regular Season||111-106 LAC|
|10/22/2019||Lakers||Clippers||-3.5||223.5||-166||141||Regular Season||112-102 LAC|
|4/5/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-117 LAL|
|3/4/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-105 LAC|
|1/31/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-120 LAL|
|12/28/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 LAC|
|4/11/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-100 LAL|
|12/29/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-106 LAC|
Lakers Betting Information
- Strong against the spread last season, the Lakers have covered 47 times in 92 contests.
- The Lakers struggled to cover, going just 37-38-2 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Lakers typically ran under the total last season, reaching the over/under in 44 of 92 games (47.8%).
Clippers Betting Information
- The Clippers had a 47-38 record against the spread, covering in 55.3% of their matchups.
- When they were at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Clippers fared well, going 36-31 against the spread.
- In most of Clippers games last season, the teams did not hit the over (38 out of 85 games, 44.7%).
- The Lakers and their opponents combined for 222.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 43 of 92 outings (46.7%) last season.
- The Clippers played in 42 games last year (out of 85 total matchups — 49.4% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 222.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 5.3 less points per game last season (217.2) than this game’s total of 222.5 points.
- The average over/under the Lakers had set in matchups last season was 1.9 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Clippers games last season averaged an over/under of 225.9 points, 3.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
- Anthony Davis put up 26.1 points per game last season and added 9.3 rebounds a contest.
- LeBron James dished out 10.2 assists per game.
- James was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 2.2 per game.
- Davis racked up 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Kawhi Leonard put up 27.1 points per game last season.
- Lou Williams dished out 5.6 assists a game and Serge Ibaka pulled down 8.2 rebounds per outing.
- Paul George knocked down 3.3 threes per game a season ago.
- Leonard averaged 1.8 steals per game. Ivica Zubac collected 0.9 blocks a game.
More Recent NBA News
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls: 1/23/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Denver Nuggets: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors: 1/23/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/22/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends