The Memphis Grizzlies (2-4) are 9-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a three-game home losing streak when they take on the Los Angeles Lakers (5-2) on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at FedExForum. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has a point total of 218.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Los Angeles holds a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head games against Memphis. The Lakers also have a 3-2 record against the spread when playing the Grizzlies.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/3/2021||Lakers||Grizzlies||-10||220.5||-522||386||Regular Season||108-94 LAL|
|2/29/2020||Lakers||Grizzlies||-11||228.5||-664||483||Regular Season||105-88 MEM|
|2/21/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-10.5||234||-575||435||Regular Season||117-105 LAL|
|11/23/2019||Lakers||Grizzlies||-7.5||225.5||-330||267||Regular Season||109-108 LAL|
|10/29/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-11.5||215.5||-795||563||Regular Season||120-91 LAL|
|2/25/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-105 MEM|
|12/23/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 MEM|
|12/8/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-88 LAL|
|3/24/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 LAL|
|1/15/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 MEM|
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles is good against the spread, going 4-3 this season.
- The Lakers have posted a winning record of 2-0 against the spread when the spread is -9 or bigger.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 7 (28.6%) games this season.
Grizzlies Betting Information
- Memphis has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 2-4 ATS.
- Memphis has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this season (2 out of 6 contests).
- The Lakers and their opponents have scored at least 218 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 51 of seven games (728.6%) this season.
- Memphis has played in four games this season (out of six total matchups — 66.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 218 points.
- The Lakers and the Grizzlies combine to average 8.3 more points per game than the over/under of 218 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 more points per game (221.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 218 points.
- The average point total in Lakers games this year is 4.9 more points than the over/under of 218 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Grizzlies this year is 6.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in scoring (23.6 points per game) and assisting (7.4 assists per game).
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who pulls down 8.8 per game.
- James knocks down 2.4 threes per game to lead the Lakers.
- Los Angeles’ blocks leader is Marc Gasol, who records 1.1 per game. Davis leads the team averaging 1.3 steals an outing.
- Dillon Brooks outpaced his teammates on the Grizzlies scoring front by putting up 17.5 points per game. He adds 4.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season.
- Jonas Valanciunas (11.7 rebounds per game) and Tyus Jones (4.2 assists per game) are the Memphis leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Desmond Bane makes more threes per game than any other member of the Grizzlies, averaging 2.3 treys per game.
- Brooks is at the top of Memphis’ steals hierarchy with 1.8 steals per game and Gorgui Dieng leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.