First it was Kevin Love, then J.R Smith followed, and now LeBron James is also in the mix of Cleveland players who’ve opted out of their contracts and will be testing the free agency. It is common knowledge that most contract opt-outs are used by players to leverage for better salaries, which is totally understandable. But with Love, Smith, LeBron, Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert all set to come off the books when free agency begins this Wednesday, NBA betting fans can’t help but wonder if it is all about leveraging for more money, or the Cavs are slowly falling apart.With not many options out there to work with, the Cavs will have to bleed green if they are to maintain the same team they had in 2014-15.The Mind-boggling Free Agency DramaAccording to Sam Amico of Fox Sports, the Cavs are expected to offer Love a max deal, which should see him return to Cleveland.Smith, who was set to make nearly $6.4 million for the 2015-16 season, has a complex situation. On one hand, he featured quite decently for the Cavs in the regular season, helping them qualify for the playoffs, so the team may opt to keep him. After all, Smith shoots 37% beyond the arc for his career and he shot 38% last year. Nonetheless, he had an erratic playoffs, summed up with a below-par performance in the NBA Finals, which could push the Cavs not to re-sign him. The positives he did in Cleveland certainly outweighed the negatives, but bearing in mind the many free agents the Cavs need to resign, we’d say the latter option looks likely for the two-guard.Tristan Thompson, coming off a 5.1 million contract in the 2014-15 season, is nearly guaranteed to make his return to Cleveland. The only question is whether his salary will double or triple-up, going by his solid campaign in the just-concluded season. Furthermore, James already gave his nod for Thompson’s return, telling ESPN’s Dave McMenamin that:“There’s no reason why he (Thompson) shouldn’t (return in 2015). This guy is 24 years old, he’s played in 340-plus straight games and he’s gotten better every single season. It’s almost like—What more can you ask out of a guy?”Shumpert, just like Smith, is guaranteed to receive a good salary, whether from the Cavs or elsewhere, with 50-50 chances of him returning to Cleveland.And then there is King James who reportedly said he won’t be talking to other teams in spite of being a free agent, meaning he is simply fishing out for a way to make more money in the upcoming season and even bigger bucks in the seasons after that. This was explained by Basketball Insiders’ Tommy Beer who outlined that:“If LeBron signed a max deal w/ Cleveland last summer – the max he could have signed for would have been only 4 years and approx $89 million.”However…Timofey Mozgov still in the team. Plus, the Eastern Conference is not looking too tough, so things should be fairly manageable for the Cavs.So how are the Cavs looking ahead of the free agency? Not good! But are the Cavs falling apart? Definitely Not!Sources:NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tristan_t_thompson/)ESPN.go.com (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4298/timofey-mozgov)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Wizards May Trade Bradley Beal
- Bucks vs Suns Game 2: NBA Odds Overview | Suns Eye 2-0 Finals Lead
- NBA 2021 Draft Betting Predictions & Rumor Mill Update
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Will Giannis Be Ready for the Finals?
- NBA Rumors | Will Kawhi Leonard return to Clippers next season?
- Hawks vs Bucks: NBA Odds and Preview | Will Giannis or Trae Play Game 5?
- Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers NBA Game 6 Bet Line | Sun Tries Again for NBA Finals Spot